Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2009-04-04, 23:57   #1
ma21212
Supporting Member

Default Something good under 2K

well after 8 years of torture im gettin a new pc. laptop to be exact but i have no clue wat to get. some ppl told me that Alienware suks and so dose XPS so what am i left with? i can spend up to 2k on something but i need it to lastfor sometime so do any of u have any suggestions?

Old 2009-04-05, 00:16   #2
cyberzomby
Default Re: Something good under 2K

If you can I'd go for a pc instead of a laptop. Im on a laptop and it gets so hot in the summer that I cant play properly on the regular settings. So I need to go lower and put some cd's underneath coupled with a fan blowing at my laptop :P Common problem of laptops, heat dispersion.

If you still want to go there and your operating system isnt a problem I'd go for macbook pro and put windows on it for your gaming needs and use mac OSX for the rest. Im not such a big fanboy but I have grown accustomed to the OS
Old 2009-04-05, 01:45   #3
creepin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
If you can I'd go for a pc instead of a laptop. Im on a laptop and it gets so hot in the summer that I cant play properly on the regular settings. So I need to go lower and put some cd's underneath coupled with a fan blowing at my laptop :P Common problem of laptops, heat dispersion.

If you still want to go there and your operating system isnt a problem I'd go for macbook pro and put windows on it for your gaming needs and use mac OSX for the rest. Im not such a big fanboy but I have grown accustomed to the OS
yeah, i had a macbook Pro too. I can only say i enjoyed the time alot!!

and if you got 2k then this is for you:

MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)

altough i have to say that i sold my macbook pro. to go for a more powerful desktop. (hi i7 monster!! )

anyways, these also have a great resale value, i bought mine for 2000$ and sold it for 1600$ after 1 and a half years of use and abuse.

i mean if you got the cash go for apple, they're really beatifully designed, perfect in every aspect. And i talk from experience.

if you dont wanna spend the entire full 2k then i strongly suggest to take a look at hp's HDX gaming/performance line. They're really decent for the price and also look awesome.
and you can have a Quad Core in them, but then Battery life will be like 2 minutes lol

Alienware is overpriced, so is Dell XPS, and they're both owned by dell

i hope i could help out!
Old 2009-04-05, 02:02   #4
nick20404

Well If you were computer savvy I would suggest building your own desktop 2k could make a super computer tbh, but buying a PC already built your gonna be losing money along with performance.

If you want my honest opinion lap tops are a waste unless you absolutely need to take it where ever you go. in that case go with the second one creepin posted its a good laptop for the price. Macs are highly overpriced and useless to be ultimately honest and not on any fanboy level. If you took all the hardware out of that macbook it would probably cost you less than 700 dollars, so you are pretty much paying 1300 for there software and the case/15 inch monitor.
Old 2009-04-05, 03:05   #5
ma21212
Supporting Member

ty for HP link that really helps, acctualy im considering buying it (costing $2088 w/ customizations)
btw is a core 2 duo t9600 (2.80) good and nvidea 130?

Old 2009-04-05, 03:15   #6
nick20404

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma21212 View Post
ty for HP link that really helps, acctualy im considering buying it (costing $2088 w/ customizations)
btw is a core 2 duo t9600 (2.80) good and nvidea 130?
Ya those sound good, never had any experience with the 130 but the specs on the nvidia site look good enough.

Tags
good