project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-03-28, 17:58   #21
GR34
Default Re: grenade spam?

what you call grenade spam I call makeshift mortar.
Old 2009-03-28, 18:08   #22
Viki

The grenades are good as they are now, and there is no grenade-spamming. It's my own fault if I let myself in a position where the enemy can wipe my squad out with grenades, when this happens I usually tend to withdraw/flee in panic a bit back.

All the best,
Viki
Old 2009-04-10, 15:44   #23
CallMeSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viki View Post
The grenades are good as they are now, and there is no grenade-spamming. It's my own fault if I let myself in a position where the enemy can wipe my squad out with grenades, when this happens I usually tend to withdraw/flee in panic a bit back.

All the best,
Viki
I'm inclined to agree with this fellow. Grenades, as they are, are used quite realistically. I haven't noticed unrealistic grenade spam...quite the contrary. When players are confronted with a situation where they know an enemy is around the corner, and probably waiting for them, the wise decision is to lob a grenade and then ready your rifle rather than rushing around the corner or over the hill or whatever cover your enemy is using.

Sometimes you can predict when enemies will use grenades, other times you can't...the obvious, and simple, solution is to hide behind cover where your enemy's grenades will not kill you. Grenade range is not unreasonable...they haven't caused me undue amounts of trouble when I haven't deserved it
Old 2009-04-10, 16:32   #24
LithiumFox

I usually see grenades come in which is weird cause i'm on a small ass 15' monitor....

o.o though a sound would help.. like a "clink" maybe?

maybe have them bounce a little too... XD Grenade bouce off the ground.. at least pavement...

o.o There has been a large influx of "no-mic-lone-wolfing-it-whilst-in-a-squad-then-taking-the-sniper-cause-you-think-you-can-pwn-only-to-have-them-be-cpr'd-from-a-head-wound-ing"

In example go to 3:45

"why in hell would you give somebody cpr for a bullet wound in the head... that doesn't make a lick of sense....i mean it's all so damn inconsistent... what would you do if you stabbed me in the toe, rub my neck with aloe vera?
Old 2009-04-19, 00:28   #25
elite3444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonelcool125 View Post
This.

Grenades are annoying as hell. It would help if I could hear them hit the ground.
i think in the AAS thread it says that it's not possible to make grenade bounce

Tags
grenade, spam