project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2009
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-04, 11:53   #91
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Weapon] Artillery Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
A possible workaround for the problem of people surviving blasts due to slight cover in the terrain is to make each barrage one visual explosion and dozens upon dozens of explosions with no animation or anything that saturate the area stopping people from surviving when they shouldn't.
Oh, you happen to be a Bf2 modding guru?

Old 2009-12-04, 12:09   #92
Truism

No, I'm terrible at it. Unworkably bad.

I have been a beta tester for a few mods though, and with engines that have funny rules you often need to do funny things to fix your problems.

And people surviving JDAMs and 105mm barrages because the munition hit a surface slightly higher than them, or one a few meters away that they didn't have line of sight to because of a log is a problem.
Old 2009-12-10, 20:38   #93
darklord656

u guys know what would be awsome. if we had an tank like the m-110 howitzer. ( maybe a bit old but okee) and that it could fire a round every 2 minutes. fully drivabele and a fire range of 1 , 1.5 KM. this means that is only usable for the larger maps though. i wouldn't be an raper,a cuase the shots are not to the meter accurate and u need an exactlocation to fire to. it would be a waste to fire rounds into nowhere. also it will be needed to reload. so u can give it like 10 rounds. ( meaning 20 min of firepower. ) if we could have one like this it would be awsome. :P

this or ziplines

hmm what would it be
Old 2009-12-10, 20:54   #94
OriginalWarrior

Oh, oh god no.
Old 2009-12-11, 00:24   #95
pl0x102

looking good, cant wait too call in for some air support with these bad boys!
Old 2009-12-11, 01:02   #96
=Toasted=

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord656 View Post
u guys know what would be awsome. if we had an tank like the m-110 howitzer. ( maybe a bit old but okee) and that it could fire a round every 2 minutes. fully drivabele and a fire range of 1 , 1.5 KM. this means that is only usable for the larger maps though. i wouldn't be an raper,a cuase the shots are not to the meter accurate and u need an exactlocation to fire to. it would be a waste to fire rounds into nowhere. also it will be needed to reload. so u can give it like 10 rounds. ( meaning 20 min of firepower. ) if we could have one like this it would be awsome. :P

this or ziplines

hmm what would it be
Uhh... Haha... No.
Old 2009-12-11, 01:21   #97
gamerx12

New artillery update looks awesome
Old 2009-12-11, 05:28   #98
ruircr

Nice job!!!
Old 2009-12-12, 00:52   #99
LeBubuSauvage

Is it possible to create some new arty ? I mean 155 mm wich are used in many NATO's Army as heavy arty ?
Closed Thread

Tags
artillery, updates, weapon