project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2009-09-30, 08:53   #91
chambersAUS
Default Re: [Weapon] Carl Gustav M3 [WIP]

Nice modeling work man, would be good if they integrate it.
Old 2010-03-08, 12:11   #92
anglomanii

sorry tonnie but i am at it again,

so approval for the new sighting system has gone ahead, the main weapon hasn't changed but the new standard sight, NIGHT/THERMAL system is confirmed. SAAB Bofors is providing the system.

BAE Systems Australia has been contracted to supply the enhanced sighting system for the newly acquired M3 84mm Carl Gustaf anti-armour weapon.

The value of the contract is approximately $16 million which includes the supply of sighting systems, spares, documentation and three years of support for the system.

The enhanced sighting system includes thermal technology which provides the ADF with an increased direct-fire support capability when used with the M3 84mm Carl Gustaf anti-armour weapon.

The new sight will permit engagements during day, night and adverse conditions.
Old 2010-03-08, 21:20   #93
k30dxedle

Anglomanii, regarding your post on the previous page on the SMAW, PR did have the SMAW, but it's been gone for a long time now. The last time I remember seeing it (along with the LAW 80) was 0.4.
Old 2010-03-09, 01:13   #94
anglomanii

Quote:
Originally Posted by k30dxedle View Post
Anglomanii, regarding your post on the previous page on the SMAW, PR did have the SMAW, but it's been gone for a long time now. The last time I remember seeing it (along with the LAW 80) was 0.4.
yeah that was last year mate, we got past that one a while ago, thanks for the info though it's still good to know these things.
Old 2010-03-09, 02:00   #95
k30dxedle

Whoops. That'll teach me to check post dates...
Old 2010-03-09, 03:12   #96
JohnnyTheIED
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Z-trooper View Post
jep.. most scandinavian countries uses or have used the Carl Gustav
I believe the Canadian army has a few of those as well. Dunno if they still use it now over the ERYX. I know they used to. Kinda like a medium AT with better range and power than LAW72.

The gustav is basicly a rpg with the warhead/shell inside. Like those soviet recoiless guns.

Just found some info from the Canadian Forces on it:

Ammunition:
FFV 551 HEAT - weight 3.2kg, range 700m
FFV 502 HEDP - weight 3.3kg, range 500m
TP 552 weight 3.2kg, range 700m (this is a non explosive round used for training)

Specifications:
Length: M2 113cm, M3 107cm
Weight: M2 14kg, M3 8.5kg
Crew: 2, gunner, loader
Sight: 3x Telescopic, 12 degree field of view
Entered Service: M2 1969, M3 1988
Old 2010-03-09, 08:56   #97
anglomanii

also under control, and been discussed previously, what i was refering to was the updated versions being supplied, which includes a sighting system, and after a quick chat today possibly some other small weight saving additions, but these will need to be confirmed first.
Old 2010-06-18, 23:29   #98
anglomanii

so basically we will have the upgraded M3 MAAWS in service soon, (well before the events in PR happen)

and it looks like the very latest and advanced version with all the bells and whistles.

weighing under 11kg and and with the new ammo able to be fired from relativity confined spaces, this looks like a win win, especially with the new day/night thermal sight and aimpoint just bringing out a laser unit too.

one question i do have though for the DEVS is, as there is no possibility of getting a javelin system(which is the designated Anti-Armour system for the ADF) i am assuming will we also be using this as the HAT but with the updated HEAT round (remember the m72 is a 66mm Light Direct Fire Support Weapon ((LDFSW), and NOT a LAT) i also take it due the the less destructive nature of the round (it only weighs 4.3 kg{add that to the 11kg of the launcher}) a HAT or LAT inf-man would be able to carry two rounds and hence make up for the lack of one shot kill on a heavy tank.
Last edited by anglomanii; 2010-06-19 at 01:11..

Tags
carl, gustav, weapon, wip