project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-07-19, 09:29   #91
boidster
Default Re: [NEW PLAYERS] Welcome to Project Reality

PR newbie (bullet magnet) here!

New player support is great, thanks to whoever put it together. It's the first time I've actually read a game manual in years

Hoping to get online soon but taking some time in the co-op with bots first to get used to the mechanics.
boidster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 01:37   #92
Chieuhoi

I started playing last night on the Veterans-Gaming Coop. I was told if I put "New" at the end of my name and informed players I was new I would have a better experience. I have to say I really enjoyed myself and I enjoyed playing as a driver in the tank squad. I've dusted of my gaming headset w/ mic so I could be a better player.

Halgarre/New
Chieuhoi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-11, 17:03   #93
onky4

I played this game right from the start when it was Black Stallion Studios , I go to play it and what an waste of time it has many servers but only 4 that are populated , So I and an friend decided to play it WHAT A MISTAKE.
the players on it are the nastiest rude and like to team kill they hoard all assets to them selves and lock out the squads and when you create an squad or an asset and they want it they either TK you or kick you from the server, they are rude and disgusting noises while on the net. I am going to the mod DB and post this to make sure no one ever down loads this game. the Devs need to start from the beginning and redo it to be worth while, the servers have turning into an bunch of self centered morons and they wonder why no one plays the game, they have ruined it for the developers and they have the gull to ask for donations maybe be if they treated other players with respect people would donate and join in and make the game bigger.
The changes I have been in the game from start to present have got worse, I think it is because of the morons that are in the only 4 servers that are populated. All I will say is good luck and have fun on your own with less and less people to the point there is no game.
To the morons in this game there is an reason you are stuck there think about it and look in an mirror you will be ashamed you have destroyed what was an great game.
onky4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 08:08   #94
mckoy6453

hello. is the project reality v1.3 standalone free? since I need to make sure for I have a limited data. also, will it run on a laptop that has previously ran bf2? I only have a dual core 2.3ghz with 2gb ram, and an x4500 gpu. don't mind if I play at lowest settings, as long as I can play. I just like to play the singleplayer.
mckoy6453 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 08:23   #95
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckoy6453 View Post
hello. is the project reality v1.3 standalone free? since I need to make sure for I have a limited data. also, will it run on a laptop that has previously ran bf2? I only have a dual core 2.3ghz with 2gb ram, and an x4500 gpu. don't mind if I play at lowest settings, as long as I can play. I just like to play the singleplayer.
1. PR standalone is 100% free. Download it here:
https://www.realitymod.com/downloads

2.I think you can run the game on ultra-low (/low) with minimal resolution.
Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-22, 22:24   #96
nougr

Well, I shall give this a try.

EDIT: Well, that was fun. Went to a server, said im new, got kicked out of squad and "LOL SALT IS REAL" when I mentioned it in chat.

Well, was worth a try. Off to other games.

EDIT2: Well decided to join other server: "do you have mic?" - "yes, but apparently my push to talk button aint working" and got booted off the game. Friendly people aight
Last edited by nougr; 2016-11-22 at 23:13..
Old 2016-11-22, 23:51   #97
YAK-R
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nougr View Post
Well, I shall give this a try.

EDIT: Well, that was fun. Went to a server, said im new, got kicked out of squad and "LOL SALT IS REAL" when I mentioned it in chat.

Well, was worth a try. Off to other games.

EDIT2: Well decided to join other server: "do you have mic?" - "yes, but apparently my push to talk button aint working" and got booted off the game. Friendly people aight
Ahh, your mic settings are not in the PR client, but in the mumble client. You have to alt tab and change your settings or do it via the PR launcher.

Don't give up hope, but don't expect to get far without a working mic.
YAK-R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 03:44   #98
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Quote:
You might not think about it but most games have a baseline of hardware that you need to play, like a mouse and a keyboard for instance. The baseline for PR includes a working microphone. You don't have one, you can't play the game.

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 01:04   #99
nougr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
You might not think about it but most games have a baseline of hardware that you need to play, like a mouse and a keyboard for instance. The baseline for PR includes a working microphone. You don't have one, you can't play the game.
Yup I know the point of importance of microphone. The thing is I was kicked off under 20ish seconds.

But yeah, managed to fix it and ive played few great matches with people who doesnt mind answering my stupid guestions etc. It just feels so damn hard to find good squad for me, many of them doesnt speak english, or aint inf - theres really no idea of me going into CAS squad or something like that. 2-3 times ive found a squad with SL who tolks and gives us orders and then this game is amazing.
nougr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 14:03   #100
Jonnydread

Quote:
2-3 times ive found a squad with SL who tolks and gives us orders and then this game is amazing.
Play in the evening or at the weekend on a full server, it should not be a problem then.
If you want to join CAS or TANK you should practice flying and handling armor on a coop server.

Sorry to hear that some player are quite rude, i never witnessed such behavior if someone says he is new.
Jonnydread is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
players, project, reality