project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-01-27, 19:16   #101
Sgt_carbonero
Supporting Member
Default Re: 0.85 demands higher performance?

to all laggers,

I highly recommend Ultimate defrag by disktrix (free). Its much more than a defragger; it can actually place your high performance apps (Bf2) on the outer most rings of your hard drive (the fastest area, and also in order) for fastest performace. Loads very fast for me and reduces seek times.

You need to go through the PDF file carefully but it will set you up. Also increases boot up times and programs by placing EXE's and .DLL files on the outer rings.

ps, i have zero lag on fallujah west.

vista 64 running one core on BF2, 8800gt, 6600 cpu, 8 gigs ram, 10,000 rpm raptor drive.
Sgt_carbonero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 17:59   #102
TheOak82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_carbonero View Post
to all laggers,

I highly recommend Ultimate defrag by disktrix (free). Its much more than a defragger; it can actually place your high performance apps (Bf2) on the outer most rings of your hard drive (the fastest area, and also in order) for fastest performace. Loads very fast for me and reduces seek times.

You need to go through the PDF file carefully but it will set you up. Also increases boot up times and programs by placing EXE's and .DLL files on the outer rings.

ps, i have zero lag on fallujah west.

vista 64 running one core on BF2, 8800gt, 6600 cpu, 8 gigs ram, 10,000 rpm raptor drive.
Ok, so give us your FPS range in Fallujah? I drop below 40 sometimes in certain parts of the map. Everything high, 4xAA.

Just out of curiosity I tried setting everything low and it didn't seem to make much of an impact on FPS, only on how the game looks, which I though was weird.
TheOak82 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 21:17   #103
PlaynCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOak82 View Post
Just out of curiosity I tried setting everything low and it didn't seem to make much of an impact on FPS, only on how the game looks, which I though was weird.
I think the lag has to do somthing with the processor, mine is a little old now, i have nvidia8800gt and i lag on Koregnal and Fallujah no matter the settings, probably somthing about the overgrouth fields, not sure though.
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
085, demands, higher, performance