project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-01-02, 19:56   #101
Tannhauser
Default Re: [Proposal] JGSDF Forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by 162eRI View Post
Sorry double post, I made a mistake ><'

To get back to the topic. Japanese vehicles...

Toyota "Koukidousya" HMV (High Mobility Vehicle)
Reskin the USI Repair HMMWV and recode to carry 5-6 men

Komatsu Type 96 APC
New model required

Reconnaissance Motorcycle HONDA XLR250R
Reskin xpack Motorcycle

Type 73 Middle Truck "Toyota 1.5t truck"
New model required, use USI 3tons as placeholder

Type 73 Jeep (Pajero type)
Forest camo UAZ (currently chinese)as long term placeholder

Type 73 Jeep "Mitsubishi J24A"
New model required/maybe use reskinned IDF M151 as placeholder

Komatsu LAV (Light Armoured Vehicle)
new model required

Type89 IFV
new model required

Type87 Reco Vehicle
new model required

Type90 MBT
New model required

Type74 MBT
New model required

Helicopters

Kawasaki OH-6D
Reskinned LB as place holder, needs new model

AH-1s Cobra
Just reskin de cobra

Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja
New model required

UH-1J
Reskin of the huey

Kawasaki CH-47J
Reskin the upcoming chinook

UH-60JA
Reskin the USA blackhawk
I think somebody is already making the SIG pistol for another faction.
The Type 89 and 64 assault rifles are top priorty, the MINIMI and 50. Browning are already ingame. Same goes for the M26 grenade, already ingame.
The Minebea M-9 and Type 62 seem to be low priorty. (MP5 and MINI fits the job until the M-9 is made, Type 62 is... low low priorty)
The Panzerfaust 3? The german Bunderswehr is making it :
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f20...3-600-wip.html

Still needs info about what scopes they use, if they have any DMR and SR and pics of uniforms on the field. Do they use any UGL versions of their Type 89/64? What is their current equivalent of a HAT? The Eryx can be a good placeholder for the stationary HAT.
The Anti-tank/Boat missile launcher looks odd, how is it used on the field? I doubt it's fired from those jeeps as they'd rip the windshield appart.
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 20:15   #102
Rambo Hunter

Right now I'm trying to make a rough design plan spreadsheet like all the other factions

To answer some of your questions:
They use the "Type 01 LMAT", A fire and forget missile like the Javelin
They also use both the Panzerfaust 3 and the Carl-Gustav
The Type 89 can fire barrel-mounted rifle grenades (I need to fins more sources on this)
The Type 64 can mount an M84 scope
Rambo Hunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 20:23   #103
162eRI

Quote:
Eggman said that the CQB mod wasn't interested in cooperating with BSS a couple years ago. So I wouldn't bet on getting any assets from them.
Ok, that's sad they don't want to cooperate with PR! Well, it's painfull, because they have already done so much and especially Japanese city statics...

Planes and helicopter:

Mitsubishi F-4EJ and F-4EJ-kai

F-15J

Mitsubishi F-2A

Kawasaki C-1

AH-64

Quote:
The hardest part of doing this faction would be the vehicles... Aside from a few air vehicles (Cobra, OH-6, F-16, UH-1, UH-60) everything would have to be made
Exactly ! Like said Tannhauser, for the weapons, only two have to be made for now, all the others already exist! For planes and helicopters, even more easy, just need to reskin! But the hard part is the statics and the vehicles... We don't have to make all of them, but that means at least 6 top priorty models!

Quote:
The Anti-tank/Boat missile launcher looks odd, how is it used on the field? I doubt it's fired from those jeeps as they'd rip the windshield appart.
No, i think the jeep is just used as carrier. To see how it's work, the best is to look at the pictures =>
Type87 ATM
Type79 ATM
It must work like the other AT weapons. They look like other AT on tripod... At least one of the two should be made and it's the Type 87 similar to the Type 01 LMAT...

Quote:
Still needs info about what scopes they use, if they have any DMR and SR and pics of uniforms on the field. Do they use any UGL versions of their Type 89/64?
After looking at JSDF pictures, they don't seem to use that much scopes. I just find this:
http://www.airsofthawaii.org/ballist...erirarira3.jpg
http://www.cqbmod.com/images/stories/o_type89.jpg
I suppose mainly because it's a defensive army, no war, etc... so they don't develop and use scopes that much?! But, we can adapt and add scopes as we like?!
Last edited by 162eRI; 2009-01-03 at 00:05..
Old 2009-01-02, 22:24   #104
Tannhauser

Quote:
In 2004, JSDF elements that had the possibility of seeing combat were issued an optic (an unmagnified red dot sight) with their Type-89 along with a mounting bracket in order to decrease target acquisition time. However, since the use of the sight is still in its provisional stage individual JSDF members are expected to purchase their own commercially available model for use in a possible combat theater. Commonly used optics include the Aimpoint CompM2 or the Bushnell and the MD33 (manufactured by Tasco Optics Japan under license).
From wikipedia JSDF Ground forces.

Seems the JSDF doesn't use/issue any conventional forms of Aimpoints or Scopes but rather lets its soldiers buy their own. We could just stick commerical aimpoints/eotechs on their rifles and other common scopes following the same pattern.

I have no idea of their military doctrine and know nothing of it. If they DO have DMR, it's possible to just grab a Type 89 and stick a scope on it. For the sniper, here's a link for their current sniper rifle : M24 Sniper Weapon System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia And accordingly, a reskin would do just fine!

Here's a link to the Type-10, the future replacement of the Type-90 and 74 that will be officialy produced and fielded for 2010-2011.

Oddly, the JSDF appears to still use some Type 60 tank-destroyers as the following link confirms : Type 60 Self-propelled 106 mm Recoilless Gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It should be noted that Japan's main combat force is its navy, so no surprises about it less focusing on its ground forces.

For a first map, best would be if we follow the path of the germans and start up with infantry mostly and what is reskinnable of the vehicles available (same goes for choppers). Maps with lots of poorly populated islands that make good use of choppers and infantry with just a few FAV's would be a good start. Sunset city wouldn't be bad either, for a start.
For the bigger, armor oriented maps, we'd need either maps in Japan (needs japanese city statics) or maps located in China (bigger areas and no needs for new statics). Making of skyscrappers for japanese cities is a necessity, if chinese PLAN was to Invade Japan, they'd inevitably reach one of japans cities/suburbs as there is not so much clear flat land in comparison to how many mountains and citiscapes there are. (From what I've seen of it however, Okita knows more?)

BTW, Here is the LMAT you're talking about

Last edited by Tannhauser; 2009-01-02 at 22:35..
Old 2009-01-02, 23:52   #105
162eRI

Thank you for the info! I was just looking at the new tank and try to find its name!

This Type 10 screams Leo 2A6 all over it, and a bit of Merkava, and a bit of Leclerc. (aproximative cost each => USD$6.5m)

Quote:
Oddly, the JSDF appears to still use some Type 60 tank-destroyers as the following link confirms : Type 60 Self-propelled 106 mm Recoilless Gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Holy c... they still use it!!! When I saw the pictures I was thinking it wasn't use anymore LOL =>

Type60 Self-propelled Recoilless Rifle

Indeed, the M24 Sniper looks like to be the one they are using. As for marksmans and snipers they are wearing this camo.

Here other vehicles and weapons...

Type82 CCV (Command Post)

AA:

Type93 NSAM (it is always with the Type81 SSAM, you can see it on the right of both pictures)

The old good one M167 Vulkan Air Defense System

Type 87 Self-propelled Anti-aircraft Gun

AT:

84mm Recoilless Rifle / Carl Gustaf M2

Aircraft:
I guess for people who like to make skin here, the Japanese F-15 is a wonderfull model!

F-15J

Mitsubishi F-1 Support Fighter (Japan's first domestically developed jet fighter, and was the first fighter to enter production in Japan since the end of World War II.) Being remplace by the Mitsubishi F-2 (copy of F-16). The Chinese Xian JH-7 is quite similar to it.

Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin 5th generation (inspire by the F-22) In progress (scheduled for 2013)

Quote:
It should be noted that Japan's main combat force is its navy, so no surprises about it less focusing on its ground forces.
Indeed. Well, Navy is the first shield for Japan against any threat! I will try to find pictures about their fleet...

There is something really nice with Japanese it's that they take a lot, a lot, a lot of pictures. So if someone need pictures to model, it's kind of easy LOL
Last edited by 162eRI; 2009-01-03 at 23:44..
Old 2009-01-04, 21:07   #106
sekiryu

Quote:
I don't see Japanese very important faction, so I'm gonna say no.
First off, who said you have to download the Japanese faction? Aren't all these factions optional?

Second: Scenario:

China is a bigger threat than North Korea (especially in the BF2 world). China attacks Taiwan, Taiwan falls. Guess what's less than 500 miles from Taiwan? The Japanese Okinawan islands. The lower Okinawan islands of Ishigaki and Iriomote are practically undefended; they're wildlife reserves. Shimojijimi is no longer an active SDF base, and Miyakojima has nothing but a small city. China can then move up from the Okinawan chain up through mainland Japan, surrounding South Korea, then Korea has to deal with not only the North attacking from the north, but China attacking from all sides as well. And we all know whose side China was on during the Korean War.

Anyone who knows history and geography knows how important the Japanese islands are.

As for the weapons, let's keep things simple:

Type 89F (folding stock variant)
Type 89 (main rifle)
Type 64 (limited numbers, really only used in reserve units)
Remington M700
P220 and/or P226

AH64D Longbow, just repaint the existing one
UH60 Blackhawk, repaint the existing one
Mitsubishi F2A. The F2 is actually 40% larger than your average F16, but if we can borrow an existing faction's F16 and just repaint it, done.

Type 90 tank
Type 89 fighting vehicle/troop carrier

That's all we really need.
sekiryu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 21:50   #107
162eRI

Perhaps a jeep/LAV can be added. But yes, it's mostly textures and few new models to begining! It's enough, and after we can add new Japanese models.

Quote:
China is a bigger threat than North Korea (especially in the BF2 world). China attacks Taiwan, Taiwan falls. Guess what's less than 500 miles from Taiwan? The Japanese Okinawan islands. The lower Okinawan islands of Ishigaki and Iriomote are practically undefended; they're wildlife reserves. Shimojijimi is no longer an active SDF base, and Miyakojima has nothing but a small city. China can then move up from the Okinawan chain up through mainland Japan, surrounding South Korea, then Korea has to deal with not only the North attacking from the north, but China attacking from all sides as well. And we all know whose side China was on during the Korean War.
I found this scenario really attractive, because it means only few Japanese statics and perhaps the cooperation with the PLAN marines?!

PS: and Okinawa festivals look attractive as well xp

*sekiryu* can you please post some screens of the digital camo and the Type 89 rifle? Thx

To continue: radom pictures for the JSDF uniform and digital camo:

JGSDF officer candidates during the Japanese Observer Exchange Program on Camp Kinser Nov. 28. and Camp Schwab, Okinawa Sept. 7. 2007
And here all the Japanese uniform equipment:
Uniforms&items of Japan Self-Defense Force
Old 2009-01-04, 22:22   #108
sekiryu

The camo is not quite digital. It's like Flecktarn, but in different colors. I'll get some pictures up later tonight.

I also forgot to add the Minimi in with the weapons.

As for the statics, if there were to be a map on Ishigaki or Iriomote, you really wouldn't need any buildings. Just some hilly terrain. Ishigaki does have an airfield that might be of some strategical importance. The statics could be borrowed from the Chinese statics and edited.
sekiryu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 16:02   #109
162eRI

They are damn close to Taiwan! I like them, good idea, they are indeed strategically important to take over RoC.

I prefer when there are few statics on maps (more interesting to play i find) and by looking at google, there is a citie over there onIshigaki?! Well, not really big, so that means easy statics...

CQB dev answered me today:
Quote:
We read your email, and argued today. The conclusion was negative. Sorry we can't cooperate with your team. Because, as for CQB-MOD, development has been already over in substance
But, when the day when we can cooperate in BF3 Modding comes, it is good. Sincerely, -CQB-MOD Devs
Means, we can wait for BF3 or that he don't understand we don't want them to make things, just we are interested in their stuffs ! well... i will answer

PS:
Guys, if you want to blow up this tank, one was enough?!
Last edited by 162eRI; 2009-01-05 at 17:37..
Old 2009-01-05, 17:53   #110
KingLorre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekiryu View Post
First off, who said you have to download the Japanese faction? Aren't all these factions optional?
Actulay, all community mods are going into the main download when done, if they had to be all seperate files, then you would have seperate versions of PR everywhere. and thats just unlogical, bieng able to play one version but not the other because you miss just 1 army.

anyway, i dont really like the japanese army, but if youd make it into a nice faction for PR, i say go for it.
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faction, forces, jgsdf, proposal