project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-07-23, 19:28   #101
alvina
Default Re: [Proposal] Swedish Forces Faction

Can anyone post a complete list of what a faction needs to be final completed and ready to play for PR?
alvina is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 21:18   #102
WilsonPL

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f66...cial-info.html
WilsonPL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 22:43   #103
alvina

Thank you Wilson.
Old 2009-07-23, 23:02   #104
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCandy View Post
Does Sweden even do any fighting, I thought their army was really small to begin with and then they cancelled conscription so I imagine it will become even smaller?
Sweden is not in NATO therefore alot of swedish equipment etc. Is made in sweden and they are as far as I know sweden has/had a big army.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 23:12   #105
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
Sweden is not in NATO therefore alot of swedish equipment etc. Is made in sweden and they are as far as I know sweden has/had a big army.
Well during the cold war we had general conscription so if we were atacked we had around 300 000 ready to fight the enemy in conventional warfare and around 1 000 000 ready and trained for guerilla warfare.

So if this faction was to be made I would say to differentise(Is that even a english word?) it from other factions we could be fighting guerilla warfare against the enemy. Pretty bad ass imo.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 23:32   #106
alvina

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2KK View Post
Well during the cold war we had general conscription so if we were atacked we had around 300 000 ready to fight the enemy in conventional warfare and around 1 000 000 ready and trained for guerilla warfare.

So if this faction was to be made I would say to differentise(Is that even a english word?) it from other factions we could be fighting guerilla warfare against the enemy. Pretty bad ass imo.
Indeed. Maybe it has been mentioned in this thread but there is a Swedish mod for Battlefield 2 called SwedishForces: Swedish Forces - a Battlefield 2 mod , however I dont know If they are still active and If not I wonder why they havent thought about PR. Theres alot of done work if thats the case. And if not up to PR standard you can always retouch it alittle bit.
Old 2009-07-23, 23:43   #107
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvina View Post
Indeed. Maybe it has been mentioned in this thread but there is a Swedish mod for Battlefield 2 called SwedishForces: Swedish Forces - a Battlefield 2 mod , however I dont know If they are still active and If not I wonder why they havent thought about PR. Theres alot of done work if thats the case. And if not up to PR standard you can always retouch it alittle bit.
I am currently writing a message one of the developers, havent sent it yet though so if you'd like to you can do it :P
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 23:56   #108
alvina

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2KK View Post
I am currently writing a message one of the developers, havent sent it yet though so if you'd like to you can do it :P
I would love to do it P2KK, but im going to sleep :P. Well if you dont want to I can send one tomorrow. Im thinking about creating a team sort of for this faction, but not a virtuel one. I have some contacts and think I can make those people come up with alot of stuff for this, its people whos working with design daily, If I just show them some green I can have alot of stuff done by 1month or less. But I will not update or post anything here If I dont have alot of work done, if not everything done since I dont want to give people hope or fooling myself.

ANd if SwedishForced are giving in with their work its done in notime with even less money. I will see what I can do, Im not rich but I manage :P.
Old 2009-07-25, 18:31   #109
Praxxen

In real life, yesterday 24th of july Swedish ISAF forces went in to a firefight with talibans, 3 killed 2 wounded and 1 captured taliban fighters, no swedish soldiers hurt. ;>
Praxxen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 21:11   #110
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxxen View Post
In real life, yesterday 24th of july Swedish ISAF forces went in to a firefight with talibans, 3 killed 2 wounded and 1 captured taliban fighters, no swedish soldiers hurt. ;>
Yes they got backed up by finnish forces and the firefight seemed to last the whole night.
Last edited by UncleSmek; 2009-07-26 at 21:17..

Tags
faction, forces, mod, proposal, request, swedish