project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-28, 17:13   #101
archerfenris
Default Re: AK-47 Accuracy... really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Cheditor View Post
Well in real life AK-47s dont have that much range, they use a higher calibre round meaning the bullet doesnt go as far. AKs is a beast at close range, does more damage, it doesnt need the range.
Well in reality I can hit a 300 meter target with my M-16 using ironsights (On a good day and the target is stationary. Admitted, it's pretty hard.) Yet in the game I don't even try to hit a 300 meter target with ironsights unless I'm just trying to scare them. I think the Ak is fine for now. It's not so much the accuracy of the weapon it's the fact that Americans have scopes and Insurgents/Taliban don't. An AK should still be able to hit a target out to 150 meters atleast. The Taliban arn't the insurgents of Iraq. They know how to use their weapons and fire the Ak-47 accurately. Unlike insurgents they actually aim and fire on semi-auto. I think decreasing the accuracy would lead to it being more unrealistic.
Old 2009-12-28, 17:18   #102
Bellator

Quote:
I don't even try to hit a 300 meter target with ironsights unless I'm just trying to scare them
I've done it on Muttrah docks few times as US medic.

Or at least I'm pretty sure the target was at least 300 meters away.
Old 2009-12-28, 17:26   #103
rampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
the ak is fine, it just needs a bit of focal zoom when scoped in.
Says the AK-jesus

Really the AK is just fine as it is now
Old 2009-12-28, 17:40   #104
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
rather good ironsights, which are superior compared to Ak74 (when, I think, in reality its opposite).
ironsights on AK-74M are pretty tight, when you aim 1st time its kinda hard to line up it quickly, but after some practice it wont be a problem

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 2009-12-28, 17:41   #105
happycamper

Well the name of this mod is Project Reality so i think lowing the accuracy will make it more real? that's what i think oh and by the way the AK is more like an LMG. (in the video it talks about that)

Look at this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BpI3xD6h0
It shows the AK can't hit a target at 200 yds.
Old 2009-12-28, 17:50   #106
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper View Post
Look at this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BpI3xD6h0
It shows the AK can't hit a target at 200 yds.
and this shows it can hit at 1000 yards and you can search for other studies on youtube, where people actually hit targets at long range, unlike on discovery

as it was noted above, accuracy heavily depends on ammo quality and manufacturer

Old 2009-12-28, 17:55   #107
happycamper

right AK-103? i was talking about AK-47 or AKM. And yes agree with "accuracy heavily depends on ammo quality and manufacturer
Old 2009-12-28, 18:01   #108
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper View Post
right AK-103? i was talking about AK-47 or AKM.
AK-103 fires same bullet as AKM and its only difference is muzzle brake from AK-74M

Old 2009-12-28, 18:13   #109
Sirex[SWE][MoW]

It works, but what is needed is a small zoom on all automatic carbines (assault rifles) while aiming to counter the fact that monitors make everything small.
Old 2009-12-28, 19:01   #110
USMCMIDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankE_SPB View Post
and this shows it can hit at 1000 yards and you can search for other studies on youtube, where people actually hit targets at long range, unlike on discovery

as it was noted above, accuracy heavily depends on ammo quality and manufacturer
woah you cannot compare the AK 103 to the 47.... Very different made in SOME parts and quality (when the Rus made this weapon they focused on quality where as they could because they were making the AK74 in quantity)...... This is irrelevant to the conversation/debate and topic! Believe it or not rifles made with love fire more accurate and often last longer-quality is key when rifles are mass produced for quantity often they are cheaply made and poorly put together, that is why US AK made are going to shoot better than a Soviet made ak (the soviets produced them in mass numbers)

also the 103 is a design off of the AKM which is also different made in quality from the 47 it is lighter and made with a different type of barrel for better accuracy also a different type of optic sight than the 47 and still even in this video to hit a target at 1000 yards with that round he would have to be aiming way up ive been to many ranges with the military and w.o! I am not saying this video is a fake but it does make me wonder what type of barrel the guy was using and what other modifications he did with that rifle (there is no way that is not a mod weapon if it is not I would think this video is a fake even with it showing tracers). The AKM also has a different bolt carrier and springs for its lower producing less wiggle when chambering a round in the chamber which results in more accuracy also! You can not compare this rifle to the 47 that made me laugh but I wonder how many people altered their opinions based on this video lol!
Last edited by USMCMIDN; 2009-12-28 at 19:12..
Closed Thread

Tags
accuracy, ak47