project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2014-12-28, 18:16   #101
StevePl4y5
Default Re: Alpha Release - Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSmall View Post
Where is bagpipe kit godamit!?
I know right!!!! I've been saying that for the longest time! Thank you!
Old 2014-12-28, 18:25   #102
Aijt
Supporting Member

I love this, Can't wait for more.

Found a mistake with the level design. Theres a hole at WN70 below the corn fields while there's still corn above.

I found that the German Sniper scope has a very low resolution. It confused me how to properly aim the gun to hit something.

You can still steer the landingcraft while holding CTRL (crouched).
Last edited by Aijt; 2014-12-28 at 18:26.. Reason: typo
Old 2014-12-28, 19:11   #103
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

There is a bagpiper kit with the mod but i couldn't find it in the gameplayobjects so i don't think it there.

Old 2014-12-28, 19:12   #104
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijt View Post
You can still steer the landingcraft while holding CTRL (crouched).
That was made on purpose so that drivers could take cover from incoming fire.

Thanks for your feedback!

Old 2014-12-28, 19:31   #105
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The German sniper has issues, we know. We hope to get a better model in the future.

Old 2014-12-28, 21:32   #106
=Romagnolo=

nothing about the FPS drops on the hill?
Old 2014-12-28, 22:34   #107
Rabbit

IIRC you said you were lagging on the beach also when I saw you. Our house wreck statics are not horrible, but could be better optimized as they start to add up when used it groups. That is one possibility that was looked into but no one got around to cleaning it up yet with better lods.
Old 2014-12-29, 01:07   #108
Ewokinarmor

Hey first of all, great work guys, that level was absolutely badass. However, I spy a bit of an issue with the overall design, and that would be that NOBODY goes to Dog Green sector (at least not in any games I have seen), which is a shame, because I took a look around in local mode and it looks like one of the most well developed parts of the level. Everyone goes to Charlie sector because it doesnt really have many defensible positions for the Germans, only that two story house. I think we either need a reason to go to Dog, or it would be wise to buff the defenses around Charlie (or maybe ticket bleed if the Germans still control Dog Green after a certain time?) to motivate players to make more thorough and realistic use of the map.
Old 2014-12-29, 01:21   #109
Rabbit

I pulled back the control points more into the water, you wont be able to skirt around and cap it without being seen. I also lowered the terrain a bit more infront of the bunkers to give the players in them more chances to kill Americans.
Old 2014-12-29, 01:29   #110
Ewokinarmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rabbit View Post
I also lowered the terrain a bit more infront of the bunkers to give the players in them more chances to kill Americans.
On Charlie? Cool, but I think that "fighting against soldiers I can see and kill on Charlie" might still win out over "fight against bunkers, more barbed wire, PAKs, and machine gun emplacements on Dog Green" . Also, since the events are over, does that mean that PR:WWII is gonna get packed in to develop a bit more, and then released again? Thanks.

Tags
alpha, feedback, release, thread