project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
04 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2013-06-22, 00:47   #101
Rabbit
Default Re: [Map] Umm Qasr (4km) [WIP]

Your first one in that list is all 0, this there is not fighting area, set it with proper numbers.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 12:38   #102
pr|Zer0

MAP TESTING

All map most obvious issues have been solved
As of today, I am wiling to put the map to the test, to see how it behaves gameplay wise ( flag setup, insurgency, assets, etc).
Map will be available with AAS (STD and ALT) and INSURGENCY(only STD at the moment) layers.
I want to look for bugs (static misplacement or some random statics in the midle of nowhere, cache locations, things like that), and also, want some opinions of asset loadout(on all layers).

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbslsdyuktl1u6g/uq_v2.rar
Password for the rar archive is test
Unpack the content of the archive (a folder called pr) into your game install dir/ mods/ folder.(it will place the map files in your levels folder and also it will copy a file called pr_umm_qasr.utxt into localization/english/ folder; its needed for correct display of flag names etc).

Known issues:
Code:
* Map grid markings not visible - will bug the devs later on :p
* Lightmaps - only palace compound has SOME objects lightmapped, so yeah, statics will be bright
* Vehicles too many, too few, no cas, no trans, etc - thats whats testing for
* water color - annoying, for me at least, will be fixed later
*  sky color - too bright?
* while I was playing around, didnt noticed ANY undergrowth..need confirmation
* I THINK theres a problem with LOD switching distance, on statics, overgrowth etc. Again, need confirmation
Have fun.
Feedback is expected here
Last edited by pr|Zer0; 2013-06-23 at 22:22..
Old 2013-06-23, 12:44   #103
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

water color will be fixed with env maps. Which I'm guessing you haven't added yet?
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...9-envmaps.html

* I THINK theres a problem with LOD switching distance, on statics, overgrowth etc. Again, need confirmation
probably not a map problem. Unless you added special lines to your init.

* Map grid markings not visible - will bug the devs later on
that's just a photoshop overlay Not really needed yet I guess.

Anyway, I saw this map in it's previous state, it looks soo nice now with some lightmaps and new lighting. Nice work man. I'll definitely come for a playtest.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 14:12   #104
pr|Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralWouter View Post
water color will be fixed with env maps. Which I'm guessing you haven't added yet?
* Fixed* True that...env maps dated 1 year back and one was underground
* Increased OG and UG view distance (OG from 500 to 710 m and UG from 30 to 80 m)
*minor tweaks to object spawners (for example GB trans helis are facing the map area on spawn rather than secondary terrain)
*added some cache locations and fixed some cache location and placement(was a real mess )
*tweaked terrain on MEC runway ends areas (now you shouldnt get damaged when getting on the runway - lots of Z-fighting though). Pilots are encouraged to use enlarged areas on runway's both end to enter/exit runway.
*replaced the cannons
*tweaked terrain around bridges, and fixed some glitched statics
*tweaked fog to match exactly bottom sky
*tweaked water spec and alpha(looks better now - NOT on map though )
* added ladders on MEC airfield sanbags bunkers - on INS layer they might be very usefull

If you already dld the map, delete map folder in */levels and get the new one, and also overwrite the localization file when prompted.
Last edited by pr|Zer0; 2013-06-23 at 22:32.. Reason: improvements
Old 2013-06-24, 03:04   #105
Rabbit

Took a quick look, will post pictures and stuff tomorrow after work, its to late tonight.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 08:35   #106
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Pretty solid map I must say. Lots of things and places I liked, but i took images only of those I didnt like

Detail terrain texture in British main looks really low-rez.

Docks - Not entirely convinced by the placement of those cargo stacks and cranes (not really on the picture), It felt like cranes would be a a bit limited by those stacks. Those rails under cranes should be connected IMO, dont know if its the way the static is done or not.

Terrain is morphing on the docks, Dunno if visible on the image, but quite noticable ingame.

This watchtower feels out of place when there is no fence.

Clipping ground in the right wing of the palace

We found Oil!

Dont know why these intrablock yards should be so green? In desert like this it would require them to water the plants on purpose, I would expect more of garbage and broken car type of environment. You know, the place nobody cares about and everybody makes mess in.

Walls around Mosques in city centre and also around the palace lack any means to get on from inside of the compound. The only way to get on top is from outside via stairs.

You need to lower walls around the palace (should check the mosque compound as well), the staircase bit doesnt reach to the ground on this end.

Dont have a picture for this, but since you have the palace and the sanatory type building from Asad Khal in the palace compound, I dont see the need for more enterable buildings (except maybe the gate). Id certainly get rid of those other enterables you have there and replace them with nonenterables, if you need any building there.

Moving on to the VCP, you have different tower guarding each wall. This simply doesnt make sense. Make up your mind on which one you want to use.

Looks out of place on a quicly thrown up VCP, Id look for a replacement. Maybe even let vehicles spawn on outside parking space?

Using barbed wire hecos like this (inside the compound, on a one block high hesco wall), i dont dig it.

Wouldnt use those , lots of draw calls, and hescos would do the work just as fine since you are using them all around. Maybe expand the tent area a bit? looks small compared to the rest of the VCP, and It would give you a place to put the rally point in.

Parking lot looks sad, the vehicles are dwarf-like compared to the size of it and size of the fence. Maybe put more cars there, maybe some big trailers, maybe make the lot smaller?

Plants being where they shouldnt be.

Similarily, things are quite in the way here. Either remove the road or remove those props.

Misplaced car.

Two hangars in a small compound, why not make at least one of them enterable?

Similar here, there is a enterable on the far side of the compound, but having one here woundt hurt either.

Ground inside those bunkers is bumpy, why is that? Id build them with a solid concrete floor, dont you think? (Sure this is why i flipped the chopper on takeoff )

Like I said pretty good map, look forward to playing it, I think you can go much farther with the view distance (if you optimize the palace compund a little), as it ran considerably faster than other maps for me. On vehicles and such I cant really comment, maybe give Brits a Panther CLV? these things rock

cheers

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 11:52   #107
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

http://i.imgur.com/0IGnAEH.jpg

You shouldn't be using any Afghan v2 (or v1) statics in your map, these are being phased out of the mod.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 11:59   #108
pr|Zer0

that was replaced with

Will recheck the map for afghan statics.

Thats is valid for afghanwallhigh01? like some walls on fallujah(with holes in them)?
pr|Zer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 15:05   #109
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr|Zer0 View Post
Will recheck the map for afghan statics.

Thats is valid for afghanwallhigh01? like some walls on fallujah(with holes in them)?
Yes that's part of the Afghan v2 series.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 18:14   #110
The_Turkish_Moose
Supporting Member

Don't expect anything less from Zero!
Last edited by The_Turkish_Moose; 2013-06-24 at 19:14..

Tags
4km, map, qasr, qasr4, scrapped, umm, wip