project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-20, 19:22   #101
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhimmi
That looks like an oil well.
But the map looks good and with the new optics rumored for .5 I look for ward to some long distance gunnery
ye it dose look more like a oil well hehe.

Old 2007-01-20, 19:22   #102
TheDarkOverlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
lol, I wouldn't fight a battle over that thing

but umm ye, that thing I couldn't call a "refinery", it dosent look like massive production etc. with all your oil wells around you would be talking big production. that thing looks like 1 tiny crappy one
I think you might be right. I looked up "Natural gas drilling rig" on google, and some of the pics look a lot like this.

CP renamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhimmi
That looks like an oil well.
But the map looks good and with the new optics rumored for .5 I look for ward to some long distance gunnery
Thanks!
Old 2007-01-26, 11:47   #103
Darkpowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
the big question is, why would MEC attack china or china attack the MEC?
Catastrophic natural disaster or industrial disaster, perhaps insurgency that means that the ecomony collapses to such an extent that oil reserves need to be captured rapidly.

Same scenario as Tom Clancy's Red storm rising only with PLA not USSR?

Even something so simple as denying oil-supplies when previously agreed, or holding PLA to ransom over oil prices, at a very weak time in an over-inflated economy could mean that a "demonstration of their ability to seize resources when denied illegally" could be done to get people back to the negotiating table.

Of course if it is an oil well, it could be in a border area, with the actual underground reserve ownership under dispute. As MEC start drilling the PLA attack to seize their rights to oil

all hypothetical and fictional of course ...
Old 2007-01-26, 15:52   #104
Griffon2-6

How about this follows my storyline: PLA takes Taipei, MEC representative was caught in the middle of it and the MECSF were sent in to rescue him. Conflict.
Old 2007-01-26, 16:39   #105
V3N0N_br

Well the whole idea of this mod (based in 2010) is kinda of a 3rd world war conflict, although I'd personnaly preffer North Corea instead of China, at least I think it would be more likely a war with it, but taking in concearn MEC is losing ground for US & GB, and so is China, you could say they're "allies" (the enemy of my enemy is my friend right?). But not necessarily, let's just supose in legal therms,this oilfields once belonged to MEC and then China tried to take'em, so the war started. Just a suposition!
Old 2007-01-26, 22:46   #106
TheDarkOverlord

The map is set before the PRC are fighting the US, once they are both fighting the US they probably would sign a NAP. Anyways, the storyline is that North Sudan joins the MEC, South Sudan sides with the PRC. The PLA sends troops to defend key oilfields in exchange for oil. Then North Sudan invades, trying to retake oilfield in South Sudan, and the MEC sends some troops to assist, leading to a limited war between the MEC and PRC.
Old 2007-02-03, 01:02   #107
TheDarkOverlord

New screenshots added to the first post, I'll upload a new beta soon.

BTW, does anyone know how to stop the minimap from being cut at the top? (see the 16 and 32 player mode minimaps)
Old 2007-02-03, 01:06   #108
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

looking much better now. My main concened i have is that your lightmaps look pretty crap and your PR objects do not have lightmaps. Check my tut stickyed above about setting the editor up for PR mapping for info about the lightmaps.

Old 2007-02-03, 10:57   #109
Guerra norte

Could you please upload the map to somewhere I don't have to register?

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought I needed to register at Filefront to download.
Old 2007-02-03, 20:18   #110
TheDarkOverlord

New beta uploaded here
Closed Thread

Tags
kufrah, map, oilfield, released, wahda, wip