project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: ONLY Vote if you have given this a fair try ingame! - Do you like this Feature?
Yes, I'm happy the the way it is in the v1.0 OB & in PR:F 13 7.47%
Yes, But I think the taxi speed on the wheels should be slowed down 11 6.32%
Yes it should be implemented, but it would be nice if a "Parking brake" could be added 71 40.80%
No it should not be put in, but if a "Parking Brake" could be applied I would vote Yes 68 39.08%
No, this feature should be fully removed from the mod! 11 6.32%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-22, 16:35   #101
nAyo
Banned
Default Re: Helicopter Wheels #2b

Quote:
I was able to use them just fine.
Yes maybe, but there is a difference between you thinking that you use them just fine, and actually being a good and effective pilot. With wheels it was impossible to land quickly for a fast drop or pick up, same annoyance to land on mountainous terrain, and what not. Not to mention the constant rolling on the pad.
Old 2013-08-22, 17:18   #102
Predator.v2

With the old system, i could even "land" a blackhawk on the side slope of the big bunkers. Wasn't really realistic, but with the wheel system it is/was very risky to land anywhere with not even, flat ground.

On the other side, if we had fast ropes... xD
Old 2013-08-22, 17:21   #103
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nAyo View Post
With wheels it was impossible to land quickly for a fast drop or pick up, same annoyance to land on mountainous terrain, and what not.
I saw many people as well as myself able to do quick landings with rolling wheels so I would call it far from impossible.

Old 2013-08-22, 18:11   #104
ExeTick
Supporting Member

I didnt find it that it was impossible to land. landing was easy, it was the part when you was moving a extra 10-15 meters after you landed that sucked bad.

Old 2013-08-22, 18:38   #105
nAyo
Banned

Landing was okay yes, landing quickly was impossible though.
Old 2013-09-05, 15:24   #106
SuperArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nAyo View Post
Yes maybe, but there is a difference between you thinking that you use them just fine, and actually being a good and effective pilot. With wheels it was impossible to land quickly for a fast drop or pick up, same annoyance to land on mountainous terrain, and what not. Not to mention the constant rolling on the pad.

I managed it just fine... It was a lot easier with rolling wheels.

Also I now cant land the Osprey without it trying to flip. As soon as a wheel touches down it shakes everywhere. I have to jump out to save it
Closed Thread

Tags
#2b, helicopter, wheels