project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-04, 20:35   #101
[R-DEV]​Dr Rank
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uBp]Irish View Post
3merlins..
2x (maybe only one) Apache
2x Challengers
2x Scimitars/Warriors
10+x Landrovers (gotta have your basic transport)

insurgents should have atleast 15+ trucks scattered across this map and loads of caches and spawn points.

more rpgs
There are no Challengers in Operation in Afghanistan. I'm going to try and get the most realistic experience possible, whilst ensuring it remains balanced. It will go through a lot of play testing to get it right because of its asymetrical nature, but we'll get there!

Old 2008-03-04, 21:31   #102
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Its amazing how everyone seems to know what is required in these maps just from one or two screenshots, and not even playing the map ?

As you can see there has been (and still is) a lot of work and dedication gone into this WIP Map, over 3 months so far, and we are going to get this right and thouroughly test it to make sure it plays well too.

As has already been said, there are no CR2's in Afgahn, and we must take into account the balance of actual "gameplay" .
Old 2008-03-04, 21:33   #103
Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Dr Rank View Post
There are no Challengers in Operation in Afghanistan. I'm going to try and get the most realistic experience possible, whilst ensuring it remains balanced. It will go through a lot of play testing to get it right because of its asymetrical nature, but we'll get there!
I've wondered about this sort of thing, actually.

The mod is supposed to take place in like 2012, but some maps seem to be in the here and now. Wut?
Old 2008-03-04, 22:18   #104
Reddish Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post

The mod is supposed to take place in like 2012, but some maps seem to be in the here and now. Wut?
Lets just call it Dev Timeline.
Old 2008-03-05, 07:24   #105
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post

the mod has no story line/exact time period, cos if we did we would be very limited in what we could and could not do.

Old 2008-03-05, 07:46   #106
unlocks_r_emo

I think the A-10 shouldn't be in there, maybe an F-16 since it can't rape infantry as much but can still drop it's bombs on targets which is what fast air does, drop bombs. This would keep some flyboys happy and would keep the infantry happy too.
Old 2008-03-05, 08:23   #107
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

I agree unlock.
Old 2008-03-05, 11:38   #108
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Asset discussion is pointless. This maps looks pretty good, can't wait to see some more compounds.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

Old 2008-03-05, 12:38   #109
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBane611 View Post
Asset discussion is pointless.
pretty much

we have an idea of what we are going to put in and we like to keep our options open

also ranky's going to have to wait a little before he can do much more to his compounds, in fact alot are going to have to be redone as hes already reached the max networkable limit (ie, max destructible) then we are going to need to crate new, undestructible statics to be able to make as many compounds as we would like
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2008-03-05 at 12:46..
Old 2008-03-05, 21:42   #110
paco

Making a new and improved Helmand Province is a great idea! Looks like it could get really interesting.

Looking forward to seeing more.
Closed Thread

Tags
map, maps, sangin, wip