project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-11, 14:53   #101
MAINERROR
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I don't understand how you did it ... you must have a special kind of editro which just absorbs the real world and converts it to PR.

I stil can't believe that it is not real ... OUTSTANDING!
Old 2008-04-11, 15:41   #102
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Thank you all for the kind words.

I'm a 3d effects artist by day and a very active weekend warrior by night (Airsoft/Milsim). One thing that has always bothered me is the very smooth hills and mountains you see in most maps. Which just playing airsoft I have never ran into this. So anytime someone stands on the top of one they stand out like a nipple. But in real life hills and mountain are hard and rocky (at least where I live and where my map is located).

Its going to be really hard for the UK to spot a sniper or find where the RPG are coming from (simulate mortars) when you look into the hills.

My hope is this map will be what PR is looking for. I know they are going to go for the larger maps but I think this one has a great play value about it. With out full team work the British wont make it. But a nice treat awaits them if they push the insurgents out of the valley. That treat will be in a form of an Apache.

RedFox
Old 2008-04-11, 15:51   #103
jOHNNYdOUBE
Supporting Member

Where do I unzip this to?
Old 2008-04-11, 16:32   #104
Zimmer
Supporting Member

really nice. I will try to get iGi hosting it once.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 2008-04-11, 16:32   #105
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Unzip it to
..\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels

Which should give you a folder
...\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels\khara <---khara

If you folders end up looking like tihs
..\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels\PR_khara_V088\khara

Just move the khara folder out to the levels folder to match this
...\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels\khara <---khara

Then boot up PR

@Zimmer : SWEET! I have yet to do any large player testing. If you do get it running I would like to hear if anything goes wrong.
Last edited by CodeRedFox; 2008-04-11 at 17:13..
Old 2008-04-11, 16:58   #106
Jonny

Solved the lag problem, whatever you did. Works great now.

The altimeter is always over 10000, though, is this supposed to happen? Surely the riverbed being 0m would be more appropriate?

Still hate the undergrowth fields, could anyone pressure the DEVs into making more static fields for this map?

One issue with the current minimap, there is an area in the mountains where the terrain seems to vary a lot in a small area, if this area was raised or lowered a few centimeters then it would fix the problem for when Clypp redoes the map.

At the enterance to the brit main there is no pillbox type thing facing down the enterance corridor, so noone could easily defend it if they were asked to as the only building overlooking it does not give you a good shot.

The static building there should also be replaced with an enterable one, with lots of rooms, as it seems a more appropriate structure to use for a main base and could be used for additional spawning places or weapons....

Other than these it looks really really good. So long as there is lots of places to hide it will work great, so perhaps a few LARGE basements too. Really really big ones.
Old 2008-04-11, 17:09   #107
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderedfox View Post
Thank you all for the kind words.

I'm a 3d effects artist by day and a very active weekend warrior by night (Airsoft/Milsim). One thing that has always bothered me is the very smooth hills and mountains you see in most maps. Which just playing airsoft I have never ran into this. So anytime someone stands on the top of one they stand out like a nipple. But in real life hills and mountain are hard and rocky (at least where I live and where my map is located).

Its going to be really hard for the UK to spot a sniper or find where the RPG are coming from (simulate mortars) when you look into the hills.

My hope is this map will be what PR is looking for. I know they are going to go for the larger maps but I think this one has a great play value about it. With out full team work the British wont make it. But a nice treat awaits them if they push the insurgents out of the valley. That treat will be in a form of an Apache.

RedFox
people lying on hills are easy to see in PR (in all bf2 mods) because the player camer (1st person) is not located in the head but in the chest...
so when you ly down and look over an edge you think only your head shows up but actually others will see your whole chest...perhaps your map improves this but it wont remove it

Old 2008-04-11, 17:11   #108
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
The altimeter is always over 10000, though, is this supposed to happen? Surely the riverbed being 0m would be more appropriate?
HUH? really. Ha I dont know why. I'll add it to the bug list.

Quote:
Still hate the undergrowth fields, could anyone pressure the DEVs into making more static fields for this map?
The issue with the pr static crops is they would flash on and off for me. Only stopped when I removed allot of object out of the level.

Quote:
One issue with the current minimap, there is an area in the mountains where the terrain seems to vary a lot in a small area, if this area was raised or lowered a few centimeters then it would fix the problem for when Clypp redoes the map.
The mini-map still in beta shape. Clypp made a great tutorial and I just crapped mine together.

Quote:
At the enterance to the brit main there is no pillbox type thing facing down the enterance corridor, so noone could easily defend it if they were asked to as the only building overlooking it does not give you a good shot.
Yea my next version will have more UK base objects. Need to do some studys of UK bases.

Quote:
The static building there should also be replaced with an enterable one, with lots of rooms, as it seems a more appropriate structure to use for a main base and could be used for additional spawning places or weapons....Other than these it looks really really good. So long as there is lots of places to hide it will work great, so perhaps a few LARGE basements too. Really really big ones.
If I can get some goo looking one in I will. BUt i want to keep the UK out of the base and on the fields
Old 2008-04-11, 17:29   #109
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Yea, set the water level to around 0. The -100000 is really annoying.

One of the buildings appeared black to me - not the entire building, but most of it. Probably a problem with the shadow, or my graphics card - but its only this one building. (One of the non-village houses down there, where the two cars and the bike are)

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2008-04-11, 17:37   #110
Jonny

I think with a lot of destructible objects removed that the static fields may work better now.

Well done with the minimap, too, I thought Clypp made it.

I really dont think one enterable building will keep the GB team occupied for the whole round, not when they could be fighting.
Closed Thread

Tags
afganistan, khara, korengal, map, released, valley