project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Norwegian Forces
04 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Norwegian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Norwegian Forces faction.

Old 2012-06-18, 23:41   #101
H.sta
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Movie] Norwegian Armed Forces movie thread

High res: http://www.abload.de/img/afghanistan6aenf.jpg

Testing new desert camo

"Soldater fra Task Unit p? patrulje i Jalaier-dalen i Faryab provins i Afghanistan. Soldaten i front har p? seg en norsk test-uniform / Norwegian soldiers from the Task Unit on patrol in Faryab province, Afghanistan. The soldier in front is wearing a Norwegian test uniform. Forsvaret mediesenter Caroline Lunde"

Last edited by [R-COM]H.sta; 2012-06-20 at 15:22.. Reason: Image was huge, turned into link
Old 2012-06-19, 07:10   #102
Naruto-kun

Isn't that desert MARPAT?

I've seen a couple of pictures earlier where some norwegian soldiers have been using MARPAT
Old 2012-06-19, 12:55   #103
H.sta
Supporting Member

Its not MARPAT no, I have no information about this other than the picture, but I know Cato-Ringstad made this camo a while ago

Old 2012-06-19, 18:24   #104
Naruto-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]H.sta View Post
Its not MARPAT no, I have no information about this other than the picture, but I know Cato-Ringstad made this camo a while ago

Hmm, it looks suspiciously like MARPAT.

Nyhet! Rip-Stop M/2000 med digitaltrykk | 1030

On Cato Ringstads website it does say that it's a M/2000 uniform with a digital scheme. But it doesn't say MARPAT though, but it looks heavily inspired from the MARPAT scheme.
Old 2012-06-20, 11:39   #105
dtacs
Supporting Member

It looks similar to the Russian desert uniform.
Old 2012-06-20, 13:05   #106
Souls Of Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
It looks similar to the Russian desert uniform.
^Beat me to it.
Old 2012-06-20, 14:43   #107
H.sta
Supporting Member

the thing here is that the norwegian desert camo was never actually tested, they first used the US tri-color, but then made a version with the norwegian pattern, and the tri-color colors. never actually tested before put in use, but why they choose to look at a new desert camo now that they are backing out of Afghanistan I don't get.

ofcourse it looks like the russian and the marpat, they are all digital desert camos with similar intended use and therefore colors.

Old 2012-07-15, 13:29   #108
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]H.sta View Post
the thing here is that the norwegian desert camo was never actually tested, they first used the US tri-color, but then made a version with the norwegian pattern, and the tri-color colors. never actually tested before put in use, but why they choose to look at a new desert camo now that they are backing out of Afghanistan I don't get.

ofcourse it looks like the russian and the marpat, they are all digital desert camos with similar intended use and therefore colors.
Better late than never. The Dutch are also developing a new camo, even though our main contribution in A'stan ended over 2 years ago, and the camo, if the project won't be cancelled, won't be delivered from 2014 onwards. It's good that the Norwegians are also updating their camo, I never found their desert cammies effective compared to others, although their woodland version seems to work fine in Norway.
Old 2012-09-02, 10:32   #109
KP
Retired Moderator

Not movies, really, but some more FSK/HJK pics. They seem to be getting all the publicity these days.

Forsvarets spesialkommando feiret 50-?rs-jubileum - Hedmark og Oppland - NRK Nyheter

MB Multis are just the coolest things!

EDIT: Video in Afteposten article:

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ir...r-6980436.html

EDIT 2: The Army also has a Facebook album with these pics in it: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0640851&type=3

Tactical wheelie!
Last edited by KP; 2012-09-02 at 11:39..
Old 2012-09-02, 18:38   #110
H.sta
Supporting Member

Yeah, got some good refs of the new MB multi 3

hopefully it will be finished some time in the near future

Tags
armed, forces, movie, norwegian, thread