project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-07, 16:00   #111
{GD}StevenGarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedermann
I am favoring instant kill for punishment.
Besides being a terrible idea, it's also completely unrealistic. I doubt we execute our soldiers on the battlefield for accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined
Instant kill is a bad idea. Your the pilot of a chopper and a rocket kills a teamate hanging out too close to an enemy jeep. You instantly die thus losing your teams air asset and having your poor gunner lose -12 points when it crashes with him in the gunner seat. This is just piss poor. The current system in place is fine. This is a game and those playing it are not all uber trained soldiers who are over the age of 18. Don't punish them like they are.
This is a good example of why instant kill is a terrible idea. Now imagine that a Blackhawk full of soldiers accidentally crushes a teammate on take-off. Soldier punishes, pilot dies, Blackhawk crashes, and everyone is dead. No, thanks.
Old 2007-02-07, 17:48   #112
mrmong
Banned

one time some guy kept running into my fire and grenades on purpouse and kept punishing, eventually he got bored and left, later i put a SLAM on the wooden wall on that crazy desert map and 2 squads knew what i was doing so they all crouched behind me or out of the way, then some guy walked straight next to the SLAM and got exploded due to stupidity, i got punish banned it was a little annoying, i had enough time to type out what i thought of him before i got kicked.
Old 2007-02-17, 12:22   #113
jedermann

I have reconsidered my stance on instant kill for punishment now. I think a spawn delay for the punished killer would be better. IMO it should be pretty long, between 30 secs and a minute. But if the devs implement it like this, don't forget to remove the teamkilling message to make the rage less personal.
Old 2007-02-17, 13:42   #114
Saobh
Retired Moderator

As has been said, loosing points for TKs is moot, it only affects you on a moral level, so if you're intentionally TKing you really don't give a *poop*.

So I would personally prefer have the TK add to the spawn time, say 1 second. But if the tk is punished add 1-2 more seconds to it.

Be it intentional or pure accident you deserve a certain accountability.

The effect would be that intentional TKs would quickly add up to very long spawn times, and that really hurts a player (and also gives him less time to TK )
If its accidental, be it lag or someone sprinting in front of your fire, its a pain but happens rather rarely during a match. And it tends to keep you focused, as accidents only really happen when you let them.

I'd prefer this kind of change rather then the auto-kick which usually affects unlucky players, as the intentional TKers know when to stop.
Old 2007-02-17, 14:25   #115
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

I'd like to see a Blue on Blue court for aircraft.
Too often they just strafe a flag with no regard to the postion of friendly troops.
Report a suspect, check how much time he has in .5 and if it's over 5 hours we all pile on and vote a punishment by poll.
This is not to punish noobs who are learning but to curb the abue of aircraft in particular.
Old 2007-02-17, 17:59   #116
Wipeout

This is got to be my most popular thread where I didn't get one FU wipeout.. w00t

Anyways there needs to be some sort of punishment. But it's hard to say what.. Were like the Democrats of the PR mod on this issue. And the republicans on the DEV's that are doing there best and doing a pretty damn good job.
Old 2007-02-17, 18:09   #117
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Well wipeout, if that's true we need to study the problem even more.
Perhaps we could vote a non binding resolution comdemning teamkilling and try to open a positive dialogue with teamkillers and try to understand their motivations.
Old 2007-02-17, 22:15   #118
Saobh
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipeout
This is got to be my most popular thread where I didn't get one FU wipeout.. w00t

Anyways there needs to be some sort of punishment. But it's hard to say what.. Were like the Democrats of the PR mod on this issue. And the republicans on the DEV's that are doing there best and doing a pretty damn good job.
I really don't see what this political point has to do here, so FU Wipout ...
(J/K !!! t'was just to answer your wish )

Well what do yourself think about what I posted 2 posts above yours ? about TKs resulting in longer spawn times ? It shouldn't be too much of a hassle code wise for the Devs, and at the same time have the biggest effect on the ones who abuse it.
Old 2007-02-17, 22:26   #119
Wipeout

That's what I said in the beginning of this thread.. That's why I didn't respond to it..

Reply to "FU Wipeout": oh you'd like that wouldn't you?

Tags
punishment, teamkill