project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Modelling & Animations
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modelling & Animations Everything but Static Objects

Old 2012-10-03, 08:07   #111
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Default Re: [WIP] Flak 18 (8.8 cm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratface View Post

I think those mils marks shouldnt be there, as a trained gunner would know his sight by heart and wouldnt need them, they just make it harder to see things. They are no use to us ingame, too.

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 09:09   #112
Doc.Pock

Also dont think zie zhermans uzed mils and ztuff
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 11:12   #113
rodrigoma

are those camo schemes correct for normandy deployement?
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 11:53   #114
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The ones from FH2? They are very correct. I'm sure Ts4ever can tell us more about it .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 16:55   #115
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

Ok, the masses have spoken!

Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 17:28   #116
Doc.Pock

myb put some dust marks and dirt on it and see how it looks then.
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 18:24   #117
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

keep in mind its 4x magnified

Quote:
(2) ELBOW TELESCOPE. The elbow telescope is of fixed focus type, has 4X magnification and a field of view of 17 degrees 30 minutes. The image remains erect during the rotation of the telescope. The filter knob and detent positions each of the filters: clear, green, light neutral and very dark neutral. A window and a dovetail surface permit attachment of a lamp for illumination of the reticle. The reticle pattern (fig. 81) permits rapid centering of reticle on target in desert glare and has indications for estimating lead.
II. Sighting Equipment | 4. Sighting and Fire Control Equipment | TM E9-369A: German 88-mm Antiaircraft Gun Materiel - Technical Manual, U.S. War Department, June 29, 1943 (Lone Sentry)

I am not sure how 3D magnified sights work on vehicles, but im fairly sure you wouldnt see edges of the shield with it, maybe even the barrel?

EDIT: The 2d part looks really good, though.

Old 2012-10-03, 19:41   #118
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

Ok, I was going off of the zoom option from FH2 because I had no idea, and honestly I don't care either way which position the zoom is in, thats up to you guys and I'll take the group's vote for it

I dirtied up the lens a bit the best I could as a newb, added a little yellow to it, and I have both positions, behind and in front of the shield. Only drawback for the behind the shield area, as those who have played FH2 have probably found, is that the shield blocks much of the screen when aiming into the air, because the scope is placed from the viewpoint of the crewman.

I'm good for either view, like I said, you guys choose and I'll put it there, here's an example for both

Edit: As a note, I've updated the p3d.in file for the shield/non-shield, changed minor things such as the feet and positioning.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Ratface; 2012-10-03 at 20:12..
Old 2012-10-03, 23:33   #119
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Actually for the sights, i think its best bet to just open the spg in bfmeshview, and do it like its done there. And i think the shield really isnt visible through the sights, and maybe not even the barrel. Sights have field of view 17 degrees 30 minutes, you can measure that in max, too, and match it to real world

Old 2012-10-05, 17:47   #120
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

Ok, just looking at the spg in the editor (great idea btw! ), I think I will just use a plane with my texture on it and not worry about modeling a scope onto it.

I am wondering how I will measure though, or make a zoom, for the scope so as you will not see the barrel or anything as lucky has said, I haven't played with measuring things in it before :/

Ratface is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flak, weapon, wip, wipww2