project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-15, 20:33   #111
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Every time i have played al basrah as british, i have easily held the VCP with only 6 guys.

Its not hard, there is only 2 ways in, think about it

Use the vehicle ramparts to their advantage, put warrior in there, and nothing is getting in!
Old 2007-09-15, 21:37   #112
Sabre_tooth_tigger

In the same way the insurgents can rush the base at the round start and hold it against the uk.
The warriors arent much use from the outside, I reckon tanks are in order
Old 2007-09-15, 22:42   #113
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

regardless of how easy or not easy it is to defend, i think its safe to say that i think the focus of the Insurgency game mode should NOT be fighting constantly over control of the Checkpoint... In my opinion, it should event be cappable. It should be a spawn base for the brits and light vehicles, while the main base is heavy (apc and helo) type...

(ha, firefox just goofed and when i submmitted this message, fuzzheads avatar popped up, the only thing on the page. lol. i was like WTF! F YOU! NOT ME!) its funny cuz it didnt post my message, and then I get the finger....lol
Old 2007-09-17, 13:03   #114
Janush Rambowski

Come on, Devs - keep improving the game but, in the spirit of gaming, please keep it fun.
Limitations are fine but please focus on adding rather than taking away.
It's the best mod out there IMHO. The reason I play this mod rather than vanilla is because it has better special effects & believable weapons/ vehicles as well as better teamplay/ better community.

About upcoming v0.61:
Crewmen should have wrenches.
The more crewmen, the faster the repair, of course.
If you want people to team up in tanks:
Slow down the rate of repair for a single crewman - BUT, instead of doubling the rate with two crewmen, quadruple it. Three crewmen, maybe nine times faster. Don't forget that crewmen are trained to do repairs also.

At any rate, however, crewmen should repair tanks much slower than engineers. And with trucks, engineers should repair even faster than engineers without, of course, because they would have better means.

Please bring back the original Al Basrah from version 5 - it was not only more intense but more accurate. Consider giving the USMC Bradleys, like the Brits, in addition to LAV's even if they don't use them in real life. The respawn times for the anti-tank planes are too long.

PS
More explosion effects please: like tanks popping turrets, different kinds of balls of flame, small mushroom clouds, sparks, and debris flying further.

Consider adding mortars, more artillery, & more attack helicopters. I hope you guys can get that Apache to work.

In addition to the sounds of bullets snapping, please add more bullet whizzing & popping sound effects.

Thanks,

Janush (pronounced: Yan'oosh) Rambowski
Last edited by Janush Rambowski; 2007-09-17 at 13:43..
Old 2007-09-17, 16:33   #115
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

OMG. I almost just edited Janush's post on accident instead of replying because it just updated and gave me my MOD status! Thank You! I will try and do the best job that I can.

As my first act as R-MOD, welcome to the forums Janush, and before you suggest some of those ideas in your own suggestion thread, think about whether or not they are realistic and keeping with PRs goal of realism , and then check and make sure they arent listed in the already suggested suggestions. Then, and ONLY then, make a thread suggesting them

Welcome!

Really looking forward to the .6 fix...
Old 2007-09-17, 17:13   #116
Sabre_tooth_tigger

Congrats
Old 2007-09-17, 19:14   #117
Threedroogs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janush Rambowski View Post

About upcoming v0.61:
Crewmen should have wrenches.
The more crewmen, the faster the repair, of course.
If you want people to team up in tanks:
Slow down the rate of repair for a single crewman - BUT, instead of doubling the rate with two crewmen, quadruple it. Three crewmen, maybe nine times faster. Don't forget that crewmen are trained to do repairs also.

At any rate, however, crewmen should repair tanks much slower than engineers. And with trucks, engineers should repair even faster than engineers without, of course, because they would have better means.

Please bring back the original Al Basrah from version 5 - it was not only more intense but more accurate. Consider giving the USMC Bradleys, like the Brits, in addition to LAV's even if they don't use them in real life. The respawn times for the anti-tank planes are too long.
no, no, and no! crewmen without wrenches is something that will make the gameplay MUCH improved. one H-AT cant really do anything to a distant tank on EJOD right now cause the tank just falls behind a dune and repairs.

basrah in .5 was one of my least favorite maps (i know, i am in the minority) but basrah in .6 is one of the best (after they tweak it in the next patch, of course). the beta basrah was freaking awesome!

Ingame name: StrkTm Pygar

Eggyweggs...I would like to smash 'em!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-E3xuQtqI
Old 2007-09-17, 20:48   #118
Janush Rambowski

Quote:
As my first act as R-MOD, welcome to the forums Janush, and before you suggest some of those ideas in your own suggestion thread, think about whether or not they are realistic and keeping with PRs goal of realism , and then check and make sure they arent listed in the already suggested suggestions. Then, and ONLY then, make a thread suggesting them

Welcome!
Thanks for the nice welcome, Okita. I'd been meaning to make those suggestions for quite some time because I think they'd make the game more realistic. Just joined and wanted to throw 'em out there while I still remembered. Otherwise, I'll check the rest of the forums from this point on...
Last edited by Janush Rambowski; 2007-09-17 at 21:00..
Old 2007-09-18, 17:00   #119
nicoX
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]BlakeJr View Post
Ok, you've said your piece, the devs will NOT change it now so lay off, ok.
DL the patch when it comes and see how it works out.
You know, it could turn out you are right and maybe the devs will see "the light" and change it at a later date.
Project Reality is a Work In Progress and nothing is set in stone.

Who knows, you might actually come to like the RPs now.
Probably it won't be such a disadvantage as I was telling myself. But is it possible to increase the time to reammo L-AT and H-AT specific for RP, so it takes longer time than it usually takes now, as when you reammo from APC for e.g.?

Old 2007-09-18, 21:56   #120
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Can you still put a scope on the Rifleman/officer M16, I don't mean on the actual model, the ironsight, when you bring them up should be replaced with a scope pic, because scoped ironsights are horrible to aim with and have the lowest field of view ever.

Pretty please please please please please please please please please please

please.

Closed Thread

Tags
contest, gameflood, mod, project, reality, team, training, update, v061