project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-18, 16:41   #111
TheDarkOverlord

Update:
I've been working on the map a little, adding stuff and removing spawns points for all non-main CPs.

Changes:

The village area now has three CPs, the farm, the south village, and the east village.

Removed BMP-3s.

Changed MEC technicals to Vodniks

Added objects to the interior of barn

Made the fire on top of the drilling rig bigger

Added big smoke effect to crashsite (and removed a number of smaller smoke effects)

Added three big smoke effects to the oilfield, each orginating at a flaming oil pump.

Added razor wire and bunkers to PLA outpost defences

I'm currently hand painting the surrounding terrain.

BTW, does anyone know what happened to the PR mapping contest?
Old 2007-02-18, 16:59   #112
zepplin1

this is going to be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet dude i love u lol jk.
Old 2007-02-18, 17:57   #113
Figisaacnewton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkOverlord

BTW, does anyone know what happened to the PR mapping contest?
No but this map looks beautiful. I hope it gets into .6.
Old 2007-02-18, 18:05   #114
Fishw0rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figisaacnewton
No but this map looks beautiful. I hope it gets into .6.
+1

I've been itching for a MEC vs PLA map. I'm so sick of USA (and sometimes Brit) versus everyone. I'd love to see MEC vs Insurgent (minus embedded special force guy) and PLA vs Insurgent as well.
Old 2007-02-18, 18:13   #115
KP
Retired Moderator

Looks good. But I think it's a little too bright. If you ask me, it needs a bit of a mood change. Just change the sky/light settings (although I don't know much about changing these things when mapping)? Something like this, perhaps?

I think it'll give the map that extra "WOW!"-factor.
Old 2007-02-18, 18:34   #116
V3N0N_br

This map has really improved... The smoke effects seens great and I love the long visibility.
It's really gotta make it to .6, we need a tank battle map.

@ KP
I always wanted to see a huge map with burning oilfields. But I personnaly don't think it would be so cool in a china x mec map, would be better for a US x MEC map, would make a smooth remindal for real past circunstances
Old 2007-02-18, 20:39   #117
KP
Retired Moderator

True, true.
Old 2007-02-18, 21:45   #118
Raniak

Edit: Wrong post, sorry ...
Old 2007-02-19, 01:45   #119
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

looking real good...keep it up...its a long road to finish even one map...

no idea what happened to the mapping contest...ill check who awas in charge of it..

Old 2007-02-19, 04:30   #120
Fishw0rk

I downloaded the latest beta posted here and had a look around. The map itself looks GREAT. However I'm hoping this isn't the final representation of what vehicles we can expect. I love the idea of asymetrical (sp) balance, but I think the MEC would get stomped if you keep their current vehicle loadout. First, those brown jeeps with the .50cal need to go. They have really crappy performance in game (not just on your map, they're just a bad vehicle overall). I'd suggest replacing them with Vodnicks or the white technical pickup trucks if you don't want the MEC's vehicles to be so advanced.

Also the MEC needs a better APC (i.e. BTR-90) because the one you gave them doesn't work as a mobile spawn point. IMHO the APCs will give the PLA a huge advantage over the MEC.

Finally does the PLA really need that many heavy transport vehicles (APCs, choppers). I think you could drop one of the heavy choppers completely.

I know the map is a WIP, so my apologies if you already intended to change this stuff. Like I said earlier, awesome job on the map itself. I'd love to see it included.
Closed Thread

Tags
kufrah, map, oilfield, released, wahda, wip