project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2016-04-16, 11:17   #111
Rabbit
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
Sorry Rabbit, frigate of course. For some reason the Dutch call some of their ships frigates whilst they should be called destroyers, it messes with the mind.
Not directed at you, just excitement.
Old 2016-04-16, 12:01   #112
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Not directed at you, just excitement.
Oh okay, I'm exited as well, especially wondering how it would work on the Steel Viper map, like it would probably be completely out of place as a older British destroyer suddenly being on a river somewhere in a desert.
Old 2016-04-16, 12:17   #113
Rabbit

Quote:
Oh okay, I'm exited as well, especially wondering how it would work on the Steel Viper map, like it would probably be completely out of place as a older British destroyer suddenly being on a river somewhere in a desert.
After the Brits were done with them they sold them to Pakistan. Steel viper is a dried up river/ lake bed. Could have connection to the sea, either way realistic or not it should be fuckin sweet seeing that as an objective.
Old 2016-04-16, 21:31   #114
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Wait wait wait, a working Type 21 destroyer, in the middle of a dried up river? Who gets to use the board guns for an awesome FOB? And is it going to be really out of the way or right in the middle of the flag route?
Quote:
I was joking about it being on Steel Viper naturally

Quote:
Sorry Rabbit, frigate of course. For some reason the Dutch call some of their ships frigates whilst they should be called destroyers, it messes with the mind.
Well, the Pakistanis call it a Destroyer, even thou its technically too small to be one compared to modern ones, but saying that, the modern Type 45 destroyer is the same size now as a WW1 Dreadnought Battleship

Old 2016-04-16, 23:09   #115
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Kind of puts the use of military terms in to perspective, how the parameters of using it changes from time to time. Through what I was referring to was this

Also damnit Rhino, you're usually straight to the point so I don't know when you're pulling my leg in these sorts of times.
Old 2016-04-22, 16:16   #116
mries
Supporting Member

Can we maybe just get a little sneak preview of the Argies?

Just to learn their camo's and maybe a little hardware?

Because both factions use the FN FAL right?

Ps. Any other sneaky preview is also very welcome!

Keep up the good work!

Old 2016-04-23, 06:55   #117
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

This might be what your looking for: The Argies are coming! - Project Reality Forums

There are also loads of other old updates, listed HERE, although some stuff has changed for v1.4, most of it is more or less the same as before and any changed stuff will be shown in future updates

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...o-updates.html

Old 2016-04-24, 07:29   #118
solidfire93

quick question Rhino ?

about the Argies cas or jets regarding take off and landing...

most of us use the vertical landing method in-order to land on the aircraft carrier with the Harrier... (to avoid crashing it)

about Dassault Mirage III or the A-4 Skyhawk while im sure the the Skyhawk is a Carrier based aircraft (not sure about the Mirage)

isn't going to be hard for them to land on their Carrier with out the Hook thingy that grab the plane upon landing ?

does they have a Runway or something...

maybe a stupid question but i never played the old version of PR:F before

idk how CAS worked on Argies side
Old 2016-04-24, 09:53   #119
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfire93 View Post
quick question Rhino ?

about the Argies cas or jets regarding take off and landing...

about Dassault Mirage III or the A-4 Skyhawk while im sure the the Skyhawk is a Carrier based aircraft (not sure about the Mirage)

isn't going to be hard for them to land on their Carrier with out the Hook thingy that grab the plane upon landing ?

does they have a Runway or something...

maybe a stupid question but i never played the old version of PR:F before

idk how CAS worked on Argies side
Mirage/Dagger isn't a carrier aircraft, although yes, the A-4s are, but during the war all the aircraft that took part only operated from land bases, with all fast jets taking off from airbases in Argentina and flying to the Falklands, refuelling on the way from KC-130s

This is what the Argie jets ingame will also have to do, minus the refuelling part since we can't do fuel in PR, let alone aerial-refuelling, and they will have to fly quite a long way to and from the islands

If you look in the bottom left of this mega map, showing the area outside the 8x8km minimap border, you will see the Argentine Airbase Rio Grande in southern Argentina:

(click to enlarge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfire93 View Post
most of us use the vertical landing method in-order to land on the aircraft carrier with the Harrier... (to avoid crashing it)
Well the harrier shouldn't really be landed in any other way, other than possibly a "rolling landing" (ie, wings providing semi lift while flying forwards but engines also pointing downwards, and you have to come to a short, rolling stop on the deck) but this wasn't ever used during the war to my knowledge and is only a later tactic to allow STOVL aircraft to bring back a bigger payload, but is much riskier and slows down carrier ops too.

Old 2016-04-24, 11:48   #120
solidfire93

thnx for the Info Rhino

Tags
ask rhino a question, falklands, poxo is ghey, prf, prfalklands, question, team