project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-02-18, 20:12   #111
Expendable Grunt

I say boo to choppers. Brits can win fine enough if you try.
Old 2008-02-18, 20:23   #112
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

I say once the lynx is done add it there. Till then no helo.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

Old 2008-02-18, 22:26   #113
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Not a good map for a helo. Rhino has stated that there is going to be some sort of zone to keep the militia from camping brit main so easily, and I'm sure the DEVs have some other balancing changes in their as well. I'd say wait to see what the patch brings, although I do agree that right now it kinda sucks. But play hard as the brits and you can very much win.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

Old 2008-02-18, 22:51   #114
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_tooth_tigger View Post
I dont like the UCB being so easy to isolate and camp though. If the british apc floated then maybe it'd be ok but thats not the case. Maybe more boats are in order
Land bridge sounds about right since every other pr map has an alternative to a blown bridge
X2

Helis are not always needed on a map, this is one of those times.

Old 2008-02-18, 22:56   #115
AnRK
Supporting Member

No land bridge or any other pussy outs! Fools is the only map where a blown bridge actually causes some really really big problems so it adds to the gameplay as much as a bridge should.

It's easy enough to cover a team of engineers to repair the thing unless you've been pushed right back. In which case it SHOULD be difficult to deal with anyway.
Old 2008-02-19, 00:10   #116
Sabre_tooth_tigger

Nah ucb attacks are a problem with bf2 engine mechanics and the map is exaggerating that problem. It becomes about cheap camping and this map deserves to be played properly via AAS

Land bridge doesnt have to be a cop out, you can make it a much less convenient difficult time consuming path
Old 2008-02-19, 01:18   #117
BloodAce

This map need a chopper and Merlin would be perfect!

If Brits can have Merlin in Gost Train(much smaller map) then why not on Fools Road?

Also because on Fools Road Brits has been equipped with quite strong armor forces so I dont see anything unrealistic if they get 1 transport chopper as well.
Old 2008-02-19, 03:58   #118
Expendable Grunt

The Merlin lags me horrifically. Not sure why, and I'm not the only one.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:38   #119
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnRK View Post
No land bridge or any other pussy outs! Fools is the only map where a blown bridge actually causes some really really big problems so it adds to the gameplay as much as a bridge should.

It's easy enough to cover a team of engineers to repair the thing unless you've been pushed right back. In which case it SHOULD be difficult to deal with anyway.
I agree. The Milita are also further away from the Train and Warehouse flag while the British are right next to them, so it makes sense. And the bridge is actually makes a difference in this map, especially when the Milita get to the Village. I am all for an kill zone around the British Main, but leave the bridge alone because it is a tactical part of the game and if the British can easily get over it, than the Milita will never be able to take the Village flag and hold it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_tooth_tigger View Post
Nah ucb attacks are a problem with bf2 engine mechanics and the map is exaggerating that problem. It becomes about cheap camping and this map deserves to be played properly via AAS

Land bridge doesnt have to be a cop out, you can make it a much less convenient difficult time consuming path
If the British get across the bridge and set up RPs and Firebases/Bunkers, there shouldn't be a problem. It is really their fault if they mess up, not the maps. I have seen the British camp their main and screw around in the woods far too much to believe that they deserve the advantage of always having access to their bridge.

I think the real problem with this map is that the Hilltop and Helicopter Air Base are hell to get for the British and vice versa for the Militia with Train and Warehouse. IMO, the Train could be done away with so that the combat could be more focused in the woods and in a straight line. With the elimination of a lot of the VBF2 mechanics it is a lot easier to have flags in a straight line without being spammy.
Old 2008-02-19, 05:46   #120
Expendable Grunt

I propose that the VILLAGE flag should be both a spawn for players and for SCIMITARS.

Tags
feedback, fools, fools road, fools road problems, public, road