project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-04-05, 21:27   #111
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Cat_AxJnAt View Post
Absolutely to this suggestion and got to commend you for your commitement, although i advise you not exhaust your self trying to argue this point becuase i my self did that (arguing for armored Humvee) but in the short run it came to no avail, however after a good year, such is in the works - somethings arnt worth tearing your self up over becuase 90% of time, if its concerning reality, the DEVs will add/change it.... eventually!
Like I said, I will beat this horse long time after its dead. I really do love PR. I would not bother if I did'nt.
I will leave you in the end if you insist on grenades being useless in 0.8...

I advice the devs to give shit about forum opinions cause 90 % of players dont visit forums.....So go for what you think feels right..
Old 2008-04-05, 21:59   #112
jonny1nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Masaq View Post
And is it just me, or does anyone else ever see this thread's topic and think "What went wrong? Nothing! It's ace!". Seriously.
I did- but after reading this post I can certainly see how those that have been around would be annoyed by the changes. I never played earlier version but can see the fun vs reality argument.

On nades - less of them, but more powerful.
Old 2008-04-05, 22:35   #113
Tartantyco

-PR has improved with every release for me. If you think teamwork has decreased, then it's your fault for not working as a team. Half the time I see 3+ squads mindlessly roaming the map with no RP and ignoring every Firebase/Bunker that's placed; that's why you have to walk so much, not because the boring APC/SL spawn is gone. When I'm SL I keep my squad together, it's really not that hard. I place RPs all the time and I get those FBs/Bunkers up. And I defend the CPs/Bunkers/FBs so that the enemy can't get in and blow them/cap them. And as a CO I get those FBs/Bunkers up if it means losing my voice yelling at SLs, driving across the map to place the things myself, mowing down tangos on the way. By Thor, those FBs/Bunkers will be built!

-You! You there, whining about the lack of spawns, you're the problem. You're the problem because as CO you don't get those FBs/Bunkers up and you don't get the squads to build them, because as SL you don't build the FBs/Bunkers and you don't place RPs, and because as a SM you don't remind your SL to place RPs or you're not around when the SL wants to place a RP and you don't help build FBs/Bunkers because you think you're 1337 sniper skillz would benefit your team more. You're the problem, you always have been and you always will be.

-The 0.75 teamwork experience has been the best so far; everything is far more valuable, the loss of spawns hurts you much more now, and FBs, Bunkers and RPs are vital to the game now, something they were not before. 70% of my SL experiences with .75 are positive, 50% of my CO experiences are positive(A position that is actually important in the game now), 50% of my SM experiences are positive. There's still some ground to cover but it's only because of people who either aren't used to PR or people who aren't used to people who facilitate teamwork. During this last month I've been exposed to more competent SLs and COs, growing at an exponential rate. Teamwork is vital in .75 and people are starting to understand that. The vBF2 people who want to have 300 spawn locations, each one diluting the overall importance of spawn points in general, either get it or get out. Welcome or good riddance. You having to walk from the main is punishment for your SLs, your COs, and/or your own failure(Or epic skill of the enemy ) to place RPs and build FBs/Bunkers, for your reckless abuse of vehicles, driving where you want to go and ditching it there, for your inability to follow orders. Yes, you're still the problem.
Last edited by Tartantyco; 2008-04-05 at 23:03..
Old 2008-04-05, 22:40   #114
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Truer words were never spoken...twice.

I hope sooner or later people make more use of the rally point system... its been more than long enough... but it seems 3 out of 4 squads never have them set up...
Old 2008-04-05, 22:46   #115
Tartantyco

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]OkitaMakoto View Post
Truer words were never spoken...twice.

I hope sooner or later people make more use of the rally point system... its been more than long enough... but it seems 3 out of 4 squads never have them set up...
-Did you just delete my post?

EDIT: Backtracked a bit and restored my first post. Just delete this post.
Old 2008-04-05, 23:23   #116
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartantyco View Post
-Did you just delete my post?

EDIT: Backtracked a bit and restored my first post. Just delete this post.
Ehh? No, you had double posted, so I deleted one of them
Old 2008-04-06, 02:08   #117
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Tartantyco wins the thread, IMO.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 2008-04-06, 14:57   #118
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
-PR has improved with every release for me. If you think teamwork has decreased, then it's your fault for not working as a team. Half the time I see 3+ squads mindlessly roaming the map with no RP and ignoring every Firebase/Bunker that's placed; that's why you have to walk so much, not because the boring APC/SL spawn is gone. When I'm SL I keep my squad together, it's really not that hard. I place RPs all the time and I get those FBs/Bunkers up. And I defend the CPs/Bunkers/FBs so that the enemy can't get in and blow them/cap them. And as a CO I get those FBs/Bunkers up if it means losing my voice yelling at SLs, driving across the map to place the things myself, mowing down tangos on the way. By Thor, those FBs/Bunkers will be built!

-You! You there, whining about the lack of spawns, you're the problem. You're the problem because as CO you don't get those FBs/Bunkers up and you don't get the squads to build them, because as SL you don't build the FBs/Bunkers and you don't place RPs, and because as a SM you don't remind your SL to place RPs or you're not around when the SL wants to place a RP and you don't help build FBs/Bunkers because you think you're 1337 sniper skillz would benefit your team more. You're the problem, you always have been and you always will be.

-The 0.75 teamwork experience has been the best so far; everything is far more valuable, the loss of spawns hurts you much more now, and FBs, Bunkers and RPs are vital to the game now, something they were not before. 70% of my SL experiences with .75 are positive, 50% of my CO experiences are positive(A position that is actually important in the game now), 50% of my SM experiences are positive. There's still some ground to cover but it's only because of people who either aren't used to PR or people who aren't used to people who facilitate teamwork. During this last month I've been exposed to more competent SLs and COs, growing at an exponential rate. Teamwork is vital in .75 and people are starting to understand that. The vBF2 people who want to have 300 spawn locations, each one diluting the overall importance of spawn points in general, either get it or get out. Welcome or good riddance. You having to walk from the main is punishment for your SLs, your COs, and/or your own failure(Or epic skill of the enemy ) to place RPs and build FBs/Bunkers, for your reckless abuse of vehicles, driving where you want to go and ditching it there, for your inability to follow orders. Yes, you're still the problem.
Godt sagt
Old 2008-04-06, 17:47   #119
DannyIMK

yea they making the game too realstic but not fun..
don't forget, its still a game
Old 2008-04-06, 17:52   #120
Alex6714

Quote:
If you think teamwork has decreased, then it's your fault for not working as a team.
Agree, but I am not the whole team. I require 31 other people to do the same.

Tags
wrong