project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-10-23, 12:36   #111
rodrigoma
Default Re: [Map] Prizrak (4km) [WIP]

Looking at it now, one thing that is looking weird is the UG.
Have you messed with the AlphaRef? what texture are you using?
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 12:41   #112
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Hulabi View Post
Is the map v1.0 compatible yet? If so, i'd love to get my hands on the files and add the map to the FDF repo
Screw that, get this awesomeness right into the DEV repo.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 22:38   #113
Leopardi

Finnish hornets should use highway strips :P

Last edited by Leopardi; 2013-11-19 at 22:45..
Old 2014-02-12, 17:31   #114
Hulabi
Supporting Member

Hey Element, can you give us a status update? Is there still something left to do on the map?
Hulabi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 14:19   #115
temexter
Supporting Member

Hey Element,

Absolutely awesome to see this map progressing Could you upload the files somewhere so that I could download and put them to our repository? I'll then make a new build and put it on our test server (FDF Faction Test Server, you find it in server browser ingame). You can then test the map ingame, with multiple players as well...

Would be nice to have some small scrims in an "real" map instead of a "test" one. Could be motivating for our team and we could get some new blood to work with us as well Not to mention battletesting your map.

As I have a working 1.1 FDF build, running @ our test server too (thanks for PRTA for hosting it) I would very much like to see new FDF assets ingame! Anyone interested in contributing the Finnish Faction, raise your hands pls contact us by PM (Hulabi, Temexter) or visit our IRC channel #fdfpr @ quakenet.

temexter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 23:49   #116
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
Finnish hornets should use highway strips :P

Ye, this is something that tbh can apply to all factions, although like my post on the last page, only really the Harrier and other STOVL jets can truly take advantage of this since a CTOL jet needs a very long, straight, smooth bit of road with no obstetrical in or around it (that at least can't be removed), which pretty much rules out all the roads currently on this map. The Harrier and other STOVL jets, only need a short straight bit of road without any obstetrical to take off and can even land vertically if required (although not such a good idea over a surface that can throw up bits into the engine).

(watch from 2mins in for the main bit)

But it also has been theorised, dunno if its ever been put into practice, of setting up some arresting cables and an OLS onto a short runway or road to allow for CATOBAR/STOBAR aircraft to land on a small stretch of runway/road, in the same way they would on a carrier. Small issue in some cases of getting CATOBAR aircraft back in the air again without very light armaments in some cases since placing a catapult on a runway/road isn't excatly a simple task, but the main issue is really landing these aircraft as that's far higher (without arresting cables) than a conventional take off: What is the minimum lenght of a runway an F 18 need to take of f and land? - Yahoo Answers

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 04:25   #117
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I like how the soldier just casually touches the plane as he walks past it.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 09:10   #118
Leopardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
But it also has been theorised, dunno if its ever been put into practice, of setting up some arresting cables and an OLS onto a short runway or road to allow for CATOBAR/STOBAR aircraft to land on a small stretch of runway/road, in the same way they would on a carrier. Small issue in some cases of getting CATOBAR aircraft back in the air again without very light armaments in some cases since placing a catapult on a runway/road isn't excatly a simple task, but the main issue is really landing these aircraft as that's far higher (without arresting cables) than a conventional take off: What is the minimum lenght of a runway an F 18 need to take of f and land? - Yahoo Answers
Yeah Finnish Air Force uses cable landings on roads as well. Short landing capability was one of the decisive factors when the Hornet purchase was made.

Leopardi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 11:49   #119
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Nice, cheers for the vid!

BTW for any mappers considering this sort of thing, it is somewhat possible for us to simulate arresting cables, although its a bit glitchy etc and never put into any real gameplay practice, in theory it should work

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 13:41   #120
Hulabi
Supporting Member

Bump, Element you still working on this?
Hulabi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, map, poxo is ghey, prizrak, wip