project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2018-05-23, 13:45   #1221
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Ask the (WW2-DEVS) a question ?

No need to close a good thread, there is nothing wrong with the thread, some people are just a little bit inpatient.

Also, don't worry about it distracting us from modding, it will not.

D.J.

Old 2018-05-23, 13:52   #1222
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

I believe I posted about this before, but here is my WC51 Dodge with an early work in progress texture:

D.J.

Old 2018-05-23, 15:18   #1223
anantdeathhawk

Wow! Looks fantastic. WW2 feels.
Old 2018-05-23, 16:40   #1224
agus92
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mr.VdHeide View Post

snip

D.J.
I don't know man, looks Dodgy

Old 2018-05-23, 19:29   #1225
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

I don't think we got to see it fully finished though, but wow great Dodge WC! Will be great to get rid of the inaccurate EOD2 Ford MUTT in place of a Willys MB Jeep. Or do you guys plan to keep it in?
Old 2018-05-23, 19:39   #1226
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Preferably yeah, although if we actually get a willys jeep model they can live perfectly side by side!

Old 2018-05-23, 19:49   #1227
Riadh98

[QUOTE='[R-DEV]Mr.VdHeide;2187543']I believe I posted about this before, but here is my WC51 Dodge with an early work in progress texture:

Great work vdheide keep it up
Old 2018-05-23, 21:24   #1228
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
Preferably yeah, although if we actually get a willys jeep model they can live perfectly side by side!
I would offer you guys ours, but it came from another game and you guys prefer to not use commercial content.

However, in my current mod I am making called Battlefield 1944, where we are recreating BF42 in HD in the BF2 engine, we have already contacted the Battlegroup42 creators, and they granted us permission to use 100% of their content in our BF2 mod, so we will be sharing all the stuff from that with you guys since BG42 was also BSS like we are. Here is our M10 Tank Destroyer, it needed a little better adjusting on the road wheels, but we will share it with you guys to go up against the StugIII.

Hell you know what, I can rip the BG42 jeep model for you guys so you can export it if you like? They have no problem sharing models with other BSS mods. It is pretty similar to the Battlegroup Frontlines quality and modeling style since you already also use a lot of BGF content as does our 1944 mod with permission from Takiwa.

http://battlegroup42.wikia.com/wiki/Willys_MB

From this point forward any of the BG42 content we port over you guys will get first dibs on. You should check out the quality of it, a lot of the stuff was over 20k polygons even in the 1942 engine, so a lot of the stuff ports over to BF2 perfectly.

Just take a look at all of their vehicles on that wikia, we have 100% permission to use all of it!

http://battlegroup42.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

You can see here they let us. My Deutsch skills are pretty bad but I got a chance to speak in it even though my German is pretty rusty. But you can see they allowed us to use all content.

http://battlegroup42.de/Forum-topic-...0.html#msg5860

SargeSurfat is a really nice guy.
Old 2018-05-24, 16:48   #1229
Riadh98

BTW is there going to be paratroopers in This release or What ?? if its not we hope u make one
Old 2018-05-24, 17:06   #1230
agus92
Supporting Member

Anthony, that's so cool!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Mr.VdHeide; 2018-05-24 at 23:18.. Reason: Edit to filter drama

Tags
#adopt anthony, groho is god, ndevs, poxo is ghey, question, ww2devs