project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2020-05-10, 15:44   #121
[R-DEV]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: [NEW PLAYERS] Welcome to Project Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandellion View Post
Thanks. I always pressing Enter on keyboard instead clicking "Done", i think it was same.
Enter only works when you first joined the match

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-11, 11:05   #122
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALADE3N View Post
Enter only works when you first joined the match
It also works after your spawn time hits 0 but you can't spawn in. You just spam enter until it does afterwards. (YOUR SPAWN MUST ALREADY BE SELECTED AND NOT DOWN)
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-03, 13:16   #123
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Updated with a new WIP section on "D. Tips, Tricks and Mechanics, or "How to get gud".

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-07, 00:51   #124
One-Zero

Hey guys and probably girls now It has been a while since I had the time to use PR, thirteen years to be precise. I had another name then and I guess it would be right if that one was removed now. I was different back then and it would only be a problem for me if it was still useable for me.

If a Moderator can contact me about this I would appreciate it.

So, previously, I was an active service member in the Australian Army and I had served in the ME during 2000 - 2003. It was not continuous as that is not how we do it. we had rotations and in my case, some were quick and sometimes they were slow. After 2003 I was not sent overseas anymore and I stayed back to train others and teach skills for deployment. It was at this time I had my first problem and this caused me to consider a foolish move to end my life. All that got me was three months in a hospital under constant supervision.
I returned to work a little shattered, with no weapon handling and very restricted activities. It was worse than being a recruit again and I had to build up that trust from ground zero. Still, I persevered and by 2006 I had regained the values and trust to a standard that put me as the Soldier of the Year for the Brigade. Life was back on track and I was back in control...right up until we had a national disaster in 2009. It was like the scene from Terminator. The one with the kid's playground all smoking etc. That was what I walked into, in my own country and I was searching for survivors and bodies. A bushfire had gone through so fast that very few people escaped. We were still being suffocated by the smoke each evening as the air then cooled enough to let it come down. My worst fears soon happened and we found a family of four who did not make it. they Suffocated in a large rainwater tank. Later it was two more who tried to hide in their wooden house. You expect to see this in areas of conflict and your mind accepts this, but not on your own doorstep. One whole town was wiped off the map, then we got caught in a turn back fire where a rescue centre was set up. A canvas tent city and we are trying to beat out the fly embers as they rush overhead. We all survived that one and thankfully that was almost the last of the big flare-ups. My team was sent home after 14 days.
Back at the unit, there was no post-operation debrief or psych eval as was supposed to be done. We just went back to work as if nothing had happened. Then guys quit, took discharge until there were two of us left. this being three months after. I snapped one day and basically told anyone of any rank to F*#k the hell off. They were all friends, we were a close-knit unit, so they knew I was out of character. My mate another SGT, took me aside and said I needed to see the area MO, he arranged it all and soon enough I was downgraded again but this time I was not to attend work anymore on his words. I was diagnosed with severe PTSD and to this day I take medication to control the bloody thing.
I had lost interest in everything I loved doing, and the last couple of days I have been making an effort to get back into playing BF2...until I found PR: Bf2. Now I am more than happy, not sure I am ready for online yet, small steps but I hope to get there. Jeff
One-Zero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-07, 06:48   #125
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Zero View Post
Hey guys and probably girls now It has been a while since I had the time to use PR, thirteen years to be precise. I had another name then and I guess it would be right if that one was removed now. I was different back then and it would only be a problem for me if it was still useable for me.

If a Moderator can contact me about this I would appreciate it.

So, previously, I was an active service member in the Australian Army and I had served in the ME during 2000 - 2003. It was not continuous as that is not how we do it. we had rotations and in my case, some were quick and sometimes they were slow. After 2003 I was not sent overseas anymore and I stayed back to train others and teach skills for deployment. It was at this time I had my first problem and this caused me to consider a foolish move to end my life. All that got me was three months in a hospital under constant supervision.
I returned to work a little shattered, with no weapon handling and very restricted activities. It was worse than being a recruit again and I had to build up that trust from ground zero. Still, I persevered and by 2006 I had regained the values and trust to a standard that put me as the Soldier of the Year for the Brigade. Life was back on track and I was back in control...right up until we had a national disaster in 2009. It was like the scene from Terminator. The one with the kid's playground all smoking etc. That was what I walked into, in my own country and I was searching for survivors and bodies. A bushfire had gone through so fast that very few people escaped. We were still being suffocated by the smoke each evening as the air then cooled enough to let it come down. My worst fears soon happened and we found a family of four who did not make it. they Suffocated in a large rainwater tank. Later it was two more who tried to hide in their wooden house. You expect to see this in areas of conflict and your mind accepts this, but not on your own doorstep. One whole town was wiped off the map, then we got caught in a turn back fire where a rescue centre was set up. A canvas tent city and we are trying to beat out the fly embers as they rush overhead. We all survived that one and thankfully that was almost the last of the big flare-ups. My team was sent home after 14 days.
Back at the unit, there was no post-operation debrief or psych eval as was supposed to be done. We just went back to work as if nothing had happened. Then guys quit, took discharge until there were two of us left. this being three months after. I snapped one day and basically told anyone of any rank to F*#k the hell off. They were all friends, we were a close-knit unit, so they knew I was out of character. My mate another SGT, took me aside and said I needed to see the area MO, he arranged it all and soon enough I was downgraded again but this time I was not to attend work anymore on his words. I was diagnosed with severe PTSD and to this day I take medication to control the bloody thing.
I had lost interest in everything I loved doing, and the last couple of days I have been making an effort to get back into playing BF2...until I found PR: Bf2. Now I am more than happy, not sure I am ready for online yet, small steps but I hope to get there. Jeff
Hello and welcome (back)!!

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-08, 06:36   #126
One-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Hello and welcome (back)!!
Thanks, nice to be back and it feels good in an odd way I am remembering one particular battle that I played in and it seemed to just go on forever... the walking in-game that is. Little did I know what was coming later, but that remnant has been ticking over so I guess I just have to get back in there and play again
One-Zero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-09, 06:04   #127
KianaKaslana

Hello guys~~

Just a fan for this mod.

Need less to say, excellent mod ever!
KianaKaslana is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-09, 17:56   #128
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Kiana you are already a legend! Keep doing your thing man!

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-10, 06:26   #129
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigMonkeyMan View Post
Second this. Welcome Kiana!

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-14, 12:04   #130
KianaKaslana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigMonkeyMan View Post
What?! How do you find me?!
KianaKaslana is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
players, project, reality