project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2019-02-06, 11:35   #1291
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Ask the (WW2-DEVS) a question ?

It's the same mechanic yes. It's called a skinnedmesh. Skinning is the process of animating a mesh. Same way that a helmet stays on the players head, and the backpack gently goes up and down. They are 'skinned' to stay put on the player's body.

However, skinning that tube (which would be part of the kit mesh(helmet,backpack,...) to fit to the weapon (a different mesh, animated entirely differently, not skinned) isn't entirely easy to do and currently don't believe anyone in the team is able to do such a task.

Old 2019-03-21, 16:48   #1292
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Have you guys (and even normal PR devs) considered canister shots for armored vehicles? Iirc there some tanks and now and then that used it.

Old 2019-03-21, 19:14   #1293
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Have you guys (and even normal PR devs) considered canister shots for armored vehicles? Iirc there some tanks and now and then that used it.
It would be pretty pointless considering how easy to use coax is along paired with the fact that PR has very basic destruction physics.
Old 2019-03-22, 12:32   #1294
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

Yeah, we have that in FH2 but mostly for a laugh. Why use a shotgun instead of coaxial or HE? There are very rare circumstances where it makes sense.
Old 2019-03-24, 11:52   #1295
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

I don't know how they work irl, i just image a giant shotgun would obliterate anything close by. This is how i see the advantage. Please correct me if im wrong how effective they are, im happy to learn.

Old 2019-03-24, 15:36   #1296
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
I don't know how they work irl, i just image a giant shotgun would obliterate anything close by. This is how i see the advantage. Please correct me if im wrong how effective they are, im happy to learn.

Effective range for 1. You need to be stupid close to get the kid of effect your outlined and at that point you might as well just be charging in, hitting them with your coax and running them over.
Old 2019-04-12, 07:50   #1297
shahram

So it is like we are going to see PRWW2 soon ( according to a video I saw in youtube ). after many years.
Let's see what will happen this time.
Old 2019-04-12, 10:24   #1298
[R-DEV]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram View Post
So it is like we are going to see PRWW2 soon ( according to a video I saw in youtube ). after many years.
Let's see what will happen this time.
what video?

Old 2019-04-12, 17:51   #1299
shahram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALADE3N View Post
what video?
It is showing p38 or something shooting and animations.
It has been long time since my last visit in here and that video is about one month old.
in the video comment section, channel owner says about how they are close to game release.
at least it is my guess maybe it will never be released like past years. by the way lets see what will happen.
Old 2019-04-28, 20:07   #1300
Captain Burrito

I hope they'll show us a progress bar at 99% of completion, with a countdown for the last task to be completed. Then the twist of that announcement, would be that they won't complete it until next year or month.

Tags
#adopt anthony, groho is god, ndevs, poxo is ghey, question, ww2devs