project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2017-01-04, 13:07   #131
DogACTUAL

Default Re: [Map] Test Airfield (4km) [Released]

Whenever i try to play the coop version of test airfield as a local game, after i loaded the map the game CTDs everytime.

Is it even possible to play the coop layout, did anyone actually load in succesfully without the crash?
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 14:16   #132
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Whenever i try to play the coop version of test airfield as a local game, after i loaded the map the game CTDs everytime.

Is it even possible to play the coop layout, did anyone actually load in succesfully without the crash?
Will look into it.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 13:21   #133
DogACTUAL

Just discovered that test airfield also crashes the game whenever i try to join an online server with std layout after loading in. But i saw that the server was populated so it seems that not everyone has the same problem.

Std, alt and inf layout still work fine when i play them as local game offline, but coop doesn't like i already said.
Old 2017-01-05, 13:30   #134
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Just discovered that test airfield also crashes the game whenever i try to join an online server with std layout after loading in. But i saw that the server was populated so it seems that not everyone has the same problem.

Std, alt and inf layout still work fine when i play them as local game offline, but coop doesn't like i already said.
A server running Test Airfield or regular PR?

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 13:31   #135
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Did you tried to join in windowed mode?
Also it may depends on server that might have outdated version. #svntomasses #git superiority

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 18:04   #136
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Outlawz7 View Post
A server running Test Airfield or regular PR?
A server running test airfield.

Quote:
Did you tried to join in windowed mode?
Also it may depends on server that might have outdated version.
Didn't try windowed mode, but it is not a solution for me anyway, because my setup can't run windowed mode borderless and without distortion no matter what i try.

And yes, maybe the server was running the outdated map, but it seems unlikely since i was able to load the map and it showed the new images on the loading screen.
Like the other crashes it only happens after pressing on squad assignment when the map is loaded.

If it was the outdated version, i think i wouldn't even be able to start loading the map,the server would probably just block me from joining like when it is full.
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2017-01-05 at 19:03..
Old 2017-01-05, 18:23   #137
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

That server was definitely running outdated version then

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 10:09   #138
DogACTUAL

Why? I really think it was the same version.

Edit: I just talked to the admin of one of the training servers, he confirmed that they are still running the outdated version.

I understood that the PC tries to load the new map because it has the same name as the outdated one, but it happened to me on 2 seperate servers, that's why i wasn't convinced at first.

Can you issue a PSA for the training servers to update their maps?
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2017-01-07 at 19:41..
Old 2017-02-11, 02:23   #139
DogACTUAL

I really like the updated version of test airfield, mainly because it includes all the aircraft of PR in the different layouts and more AAVs unlike before. However many still play the old version because it features modern jets and helicopters together on the same layout. Could you create a layout where both modern jets and helicopters are featured together?

Another question: Why don't you include test airfield into the main game with the auto updater, this would solve so many problems we have right now with people still having the old map when trying to train together.
It would also generally help newcomers to train more easily, most of them don't even know test airfield is a thing.
Old 2017-02-11, 19:52   #140
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Another question: Why don't you include test airfield into the main game with the auto updater, this would solve so many problems we have right now with people still having the old map when trying to train together.
It would also generally help newcomers to train more easily, most of them don't even know test airfield is a thing.
Because it's a test map for modders first, jets&stuff were added later by.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, airfield, map, released, test