project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2011-12-01, 07:36   #131
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Release: Project Normandy

Thanks, noted.

Old 2011-12-01, 07:44   #132
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Yeah, the waves at US main ar too loud, really annoying if you do mortars...

And the deployed sight in animation on US BAR machine gun is too quick compared to normal PR, but that would need new animation i suppose.

Also, the german jeep has some LOD issues, namely gem_1 LOD_1 - LOD_2 transition. someone could look into that, as its code tweaking.

great work guys, really love it!

-lucky

Old 2011-12-01, 08:00   #133
Pvt.LHeureux
-

What do you mean Lucky? (Can't see Xfire videos)

Do you mean that you can move the aim too quick? I think it's perfect, because the BAR has only 20 bullets, it balance with the MG42

EDIT: I agree that the waves sound is pretty loud at US main. Also I've seen jeeps and kubels disapearing, out of draw distance at like 120 - 150 meters.
Last edited by Pvt.LHeureux; 2011-12-01 at 08:06..
Old 2011-12-01, 11:30   #134
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Project Normandy is also available on Moddb now.
(will be linked to PR later)

Old 2011-12-01, 11:55   #135
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Just wanted to say that I love what you did with the dieing sound AD. Good move to put dieing sound instead of "medic!". You knew that an old reflex of BF2 and PR players is to click like crazy when they die, so instead of hearing "Medic! Medic! when somebody die you hear "Arrghh"
Old 2011-12-01, 12:06   #136
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I've always hated the "medic!" scream when you get shot - as if that's the first thing you'll scream . Only counts for the US soldiers though, as I gave them new voices.

But, when a soldier dies (US or German), they scream, instead of giving out a little "ouch". Unfortunately I wasn't able to override the wounded "ouch" sounds (the sounds are still in the files I believe).

Old 2011-12-01, 12:21   #137
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Well, anyway most people that die always spam left mouse button, if they don't you'll have the normal "ouch" sound, add a bit of variety.
Old 2011-12-01, 17:55   #138
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

I mean in nilla PR, when you sight in with a deployed weapon, you sort of rest it to your shoulder and slowly look down the sights, and the animation takes like a second or two. In PN the BAR sights in really quickly...

-lucky

Old 2011-12-01, 18:38   #139
[R-DEV]​Yosik
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The 64p round at new era today was absolutely incredible, the fights were amazing and the teamwork between the squads was great(Although it needed mumble at some situations :/). Love this mod

Old 2011-12-01, 19:28   #140
A.Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosik View Post
The 64p round at new era today was absolutely incredible, the fights were amazing and the teamwork between the squads was great(Although it needed mumble at some situations :/). Love this mod
as soon as the devs allow us to request mumble channels it will have its own mumble channel

Tags
normandy, project, release