project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-02-21, 15:12   #131
dani2142
Angry Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

I just joined this mod and got banned immediately for "teamkilling" whereas I didn't even shoot into anyone's direction. 100% admin abuse, should be reported. The server was Basic Teamwork EU.
dani2142 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 19:08   #132
Dockside_Bars
Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani2142 View Post
I just joined this mod and got banned immediately for "teamkilling" whereas I didn't even shoot into anyone's direction. 100% admin abuse, should be reported. The server was Basic Teamwork EU.
Even though it was already explained this to you on our forum, you were tempbanned for not having a working microphone. The "teamkilling" message is a generic one that will appear on all kicks/tempbans regardless of what is written beforehand. The ban automatically lifts in three hours, and you are more than welcome to rejoin the server once you get a working microphone.
Dockside_Bars is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 10:48   #133
ZektorSK

Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

Thank you veterans,for kicking me because I died
ZektorSK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 13:59   #134
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZektorSK View Post
Thank you veterans,for kicking me because I died
Do you have a microphone.
Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 08:25   #135
ZektorSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
Do you have a microphone.
Yes I do
ZektorSK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 10:02   #136
ParaPlays

I am a long time mislim player and a returning PR player, I played years and years ago but have returned. I had forgotten just how step the learning curve was on my return. Sure I have had a couple of people call me every name under the sun for asking simple questions.. read the f8 manual you c* .. not helpful when there are more questions to ask than just in the manual and you want to learn. (Which i have read btw)

But in general I have found PR to be a fantastic community, with many many people helping me back into the game including people like MT who invited me and 3 others into his discord channle to explain and guide us through basically everything. So I say thank you to the community, you now have 3 new players who love it.

I have not touched Squad since getting into PR and I had 300+ hours in that game. Thank you.
ParaPlays is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 13:26   #137
Noergaard
Supporting Member

Good to have you back, Para! And good to see more PR videos.

You touch down on an important issue. Good conduct. Respect. It is the essense of the PR experience. We need to pass it on.

I did, however, have to learn how to mute mumble. This is needed for when the round ends

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. Albert Camus

Noergaard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-12, 15:05   #138
Shan~Man
Supporting Member

As a newb player going on 2 months now, my experience so far has been good. I've bad naded my squad, tk'd on accident, wrecked a vehicle or 2 and never been kicked..........and I've learned a bunch of new shit from helpful players and gotten a little better imo. Maybe it has a bit to do with attitude ....right up front mention your a newer player, fess up to your mistakes, ask questions, read the forums, read the manual,play on coop for practice, look at the server rules, follow orders, use a mic, think about your last game and what you can do differantly that will improve the gameplay and watch vids of good players. Very simple really.
Shan~Man is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 12:39   #139
swizzler

Joined a server, CAS squad, Tank squad all full of server admins who tell everyone else to fuck off if they want to play heli/armor. Most of the server's i've joined have been like this, with server admins reserving anything besides transpo/infantry and kicking new players indiscriminately.

Probably half the reason why you get so many idiot admins in this game.

Well idiot server admins, you've got your wish. Keep that PR community nice and small. Uninstalled and never looking back.
swizzler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 13:26   #140
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzler View Post
snip
Why did you even bother to tell us if you uninstalled? Like we care about one experience. We're too edgy for this shit, bro.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
admins, kind, mentors, players, server, veteran