project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Closed Thread

Old 2019-10-04, 10:45   #131
DogACTUAL

Default Re: [1.5] Game is laggy/low fps

How did we go from this: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55054 to now, when even after the 'performance update' people with the most high end systems (with very fast RAM and a CPU with excellent single thread performance) can't run grozny or fallujah above 60 fps consistently on just a half full server, let alone a full server? Can someone say what happened between 2009 and now exactly that had sucha gigantic impact on performance?
Old 2019-10-04, 13:55   #132
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

New high end systems with new high end drivers (etc.) don't like old DX9.

Also, I've heard that people want 100vs100 servers because there are no issues with handling PR with this number of players in 2019. So... what is the truth?

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Old 2019-10-04, 14:18   #133
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Truth is that with unlocked FPS looking away from where the majority of players are on a map gets me over 400 FPS but if I look towards where all the players are it can drop down to 50.

All maps, even fallujah runs at 400+ FPS on my system offline, I think it's player models or something that kill framerate.

HITREG CARRY
Old 2019-10-04, 15:37   #134
[R-DEV]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
How did we go from this: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55054 to now, when even after the 'performance update' people with the most high end systems (with very fast RAM and a CPU with excellent single thread performance) can't run grozny or fallujah above 60 fps consistently on just a half full server, let alone a full server? Can someone say what happened between 2009 and now exactly that had sucha gigantic impact on performance?
yes grozny and fallujah is a pain in the ass for me

Old 2019-10-04, 17:22   #135
DogACTUAL

Quote:
New high end systems with new high end drivers (etc.) don't like old DX9
That's funny because my old system was also build in 2009 and had the same CPU as the one i linked in the post that was talking about getting 100 FPS on fallujah. Plus it even had more and better RAM and a much better GPU and was running Windows 7.

Yet when i first installed PR on it some years after 2009 it struggled with almost all the maps and could barely run fallujah (20-30fps on average). So evidently something significant must have been altered about the game in those years (1.0 release maybe, but probably even beyond that).

Quote:
Also, I've heard that people want 100vs100 servers because there are no issues with handling PR with this number of players in 2019. So... what is the truth?
I heard there are also people in this community who say the earth is flat. So what is the truth, tell me? Because their ill informed opinion is appearantly up to you to justify even though you know better.

But honestly, the game might actually be able to do 100v100 with the advantage of modern hardware if whatever is causing these FPS drops is rooted out and fixed.
Old 2019-10-05, 06:36   #136
transpilot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
That's funny because my old system was also build in 2009 and had the same CPU as the one i linked in the post that was talking about getting 100 FPS on fallujah. Plus it even had more and better RAM and a much better GPU and was running Windows 7.

Yet when i first installed PR on it some years after 2009 it struggled with almost all the maps and could barely run fallujah (20-30fps on average). So evidently something significant must have been altered about the game in those years (1.0 release maybe, but probably even beyond that).

I heard there are also people in this community who say the earth is flat. So what is the truth, tell me? Because their ill informed opinion is appearantly up to you to justify even though you know better.

But honestly, the game might actually be able to do 100v100 with the advantage of modern hardware if whatever is causing these FPS drops is rooted out and fixed.
How do you know fps before 1.0 when you started playing 2 years after the release?
Old 2019-10-05, 07:54   #137
[XCS] Jarhead

I'm struggling with the same issue. Just recently bought a complete brand new PC and I'm unable to play without experiencing massive fps drops. I've never had any problems with other DX9 games. I've tried disabling V-SYNC but it didn't help at all.

What surprised me is that this issue occurs all the time no matter what video settings you use.

It's a real shame and it's extremely frustrating
Old 2019-10-05, 11:07   #138
DogACTUAL

Quote:
How do you know fps before 1.0 when you started playing 2 years after the release?
If you had properly read my previous post in this thread instead of getting ahead of yourself trying to be a smartass you'd know you potato person: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55054
And quoting myself here:
Quote:
I also installed some pre 1.0 version once in i think 2010 but just played it for maybe a few times before ditching it (formatted my drive and after actually waited for BF3 instead thinking i'd be better xD) so i can't remember exactly how it performed then. But i know when i reinstalled it post 1.0 some years later i was instantly surprised of how shitty the game was running, so pretty sure i would have remembered it back before 1.0 if it had been the same performance then as after 1.0.
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2019-10-05 at 11:12..
Old 2019-10-31, 07:44   #139
DogACTUAL

Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2019-10-31 at 07:59..
Old 2019-10-31, 09:07   #140
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

-Python doesn't even run on client lmao
-Fastropes/Dragging are 100% serverside. It literally does not affect your framerate.
-Anything the Launcher does is irrelevant for optimization as its run on a different process. Put it on a different mule. Different process.

Quote:
They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
Totally because we want short names on everyone and not because some technical engine limitation.
Last edited by AlonTavor; 2019-10-31 at 09:16..
Closed Thread

Tags
fps, game, laggy or low