project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-08, 16:38   #131
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGrot
With all due respect, it's quite moronic to announce the release date as February 8th, and release it at a time when it's only February 8th in a few time zones.
if we had it all ready and tested we would have released it by now but we are still trying to prepare the build and get it onto as many servers as possible for download so we dont have one server trying to seed 5,000 downloads all at the same time, it would just die.

It will be released today unless our testers find any show stoppers with the build we are trying to get onto as many servers as we can at the mo. If there is then we would have to go though that whole process again with making a new build, uploading it, testers downloading it with uploading it to other servers and then if there was no show stoppers release it.

But as its looking right now it dose look like it will be released today, a 60 day release cycle is very hard work to keep to.

Old 2007-02-08, 16:44   #132
Gwaihir

We love u and all the work u do,, we are just eagerly awaiting
Old 2007-02-08, 16:49   #133
Le0n

With all due respect, it's quite moronic to announce the release date as February 8th, and release it at a time when it's only February 8th in a few time zones.

I have to say i second that , not to say that i dont think you guys are doing an excellent work, ofcourse you are doing great , just some feedback to think about for the next release perhaps, to say friday and release on thursday instead. More fun then. Anyway i know this is really hard to predict time and such but just wanted to give some feedback from the users view.
Good job guys , cant wait to play.
Old 2007-02-08, 16:54   #134
Engineer

Hmm, this server seems to be under a stress

Getting some errors time to time, dont fail on me now!
Old 2007-02-08, 16:54   #135
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le0n

I have to say i second that , not to say that i dont think you guys are doing an excellent work, ofcourse you are doing great , just some feedback to think about for the next release perhaps, to say friday and release on thursday instead. More fun then. Anyway i know this is really hard to predict time and such but just wanted to give some feedback from the users view.
Good job guys , cant wait to play.
we did come into a un exspected show stopper that is delaying the build by afew hrs....... It is a good thing that we did plan in this extra time that we did as it is or we would be releasing way past our release date....

Old 2007-02-08, 17:01   #136
Dethroned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno
What time is it in Honolulu now? The sun is going down over Europe now ...and still no 0.5
It's basicly a midday in Europe when it's released. As I live in Finland, the time difference between us and Honolulu/Hawaii is 12 hours. For you it is... 11 hours. So the release time - I THINK - is 10.00 am-1.00pm on Friday for Europeans. Right?

EDIT: Oh, May I kiss your feet, devs? Anyone? :P
Old 2007-02-08, 17:07   #137
Le0n

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
if you have problems with converting the times
Old 2007-02-08, 17:10   #138
Cravixon

*will be staying up till 6:30 AM tonight*
Old 2007-02-08, 17:17   #139
Clypp

Stop bugging the devs. The more time they spend replying to your bitching the longer it will take for them to get everything in order. Even if it finally gets released at 11:59 in the mid-Pacific time they have done extremely well.
Old 2007-02-08, 17:19   #140
|gb| Pei01

^^ Jupp..

So lets just sit back and relax.. Enjoy the exitement and tention..
Kinda reminds me of xmas when i was a kid.. *lol*
Closed Thread

Tags
project, promo, reality, update, v05, video