project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-07-20, 06:36   #131
tekkyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie Beanie
And you cant hop on a emplaced SAW and keep em pinned because as soon as u start firing at their positions they drop down n plug you
If I understand this correctly, they had YOU pinned already.
Thats too bad.
tekkyy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 07:08   #132
Greenie Beanie

That was a different scenario than the first one, as i am dead already.
cbf explaining
Greenie Beanie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 07:13   #133
solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkyy
If I understand this correctly, they had YOU pinned already.
Thats too bad.
Does it matter if they did or not? Either way they can easily get an headshot.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 07:29   #134
spartan117gw

create a zoom breathing animations or somthing. that way when u scope in it takes more skill.
spartan117gw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 07:32   #135
{9thInf}GunnyMeyer

One suggestion I have heard WAY too often in this thread is taking out the scopes. They are already unrealistic as it, taking them all the way out would just be dumb. As far as I've been informed, every 03 MOS Marine is issued some sort of alternate sight on their rifle. I do not know about the other MOSes, but the Infantrymen all get sights. The reason why the Marines swapped over to the M16A4 is so that this kind of customization is possible with all the rails added to it. This means the Rifleman, Corpsman (not sure about them as I don't thik they are allowed to have weapons but I'll bet they manage to get em anyway), L-AT, and possibly more of them should ALL have scopes. Try and prove me wrong cause I'd like to know why the Marines swapped to the A4 if this wasn't the reason.

Anyway, you CANNOT take the scopes out for realism sake in any shape or form. They are a part of the Infantryman's life in the Marines and the Canadian military. Scopes stay if you are to follow the book(s).
{9thInf}GunnyMeyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 07:37   #136
solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by {9thInf}GunnyMeyer
One suggestion I have heard WAY too often in this thread is taking out the scopes. They are already unrealistic as it, taking them all the way out would just be dumb. As far as I've been informed, every 03 MOS Marine is issued some sort of alternate sight on their rifle. I do not know about the other MOSes, but the Infantrymen all get sights. The reason why the Marines swapped over to the M16A4 is so that this kind of customization is possible with all the rails added to it. This means the Rifleman, Corpsman (not sure about them as I don't thik they are allowed to have weapons but I'll bet they manage to get em anyway), L-AT, and possibly more of them should ALL have scopes. Try and prove me wrong cause I'd like to know why the Marines swapped to the A4 if this wasn't the reason.

Anyway, you CANNOT take the scopes out for realism sake in any shape or form. They are a part of the Infantryman's life in the Marines and the Canadian military. Scopes stay if you are to follow the book(s).
Exactly.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 10:59   #137
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by {9thInf}GunnyMeyer

give that man a can of coke!

And all I hear about is people whining that they're getting sniped at 600m+ by riflemen.......I would like them to come on a server with me and try take me down in three shots at a distance higher than 400m. That said, in urban engagements (i.e Iraq) lots of troops are issued reflex sights like aimpoints and eotechs.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 11:48   #138
M.J.Patterson
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by causticbeat
What im getting at is kenwayy and egg know weapons tendoncies/balance alot better than you do.
I don't know... thats quite the statement if its being directed at Rico11b

I think the rifles probably are as accurate as they are in-game but I'm skeptical in that it would be so easy to produce that accuracy in a live-fire fight when the target is shooting back at you. Perhaps thats another thing.. project reality can never truly simulate actual combat stress, hunger, fear, exhaustion, etc...

M.J.Patterson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:13   #139
VipersGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117gw
create a zoom breathing animations or somthing. that way when u scope in it takes more skill.
I'd be REAL interested in seeing what Spearhead the animator would have for input on this. Seriously it would be AWESOME to have this in there, but could you do it just for grunts and not the marksmen\snipers? Could you lessen its effects whilst prone? Those are important issues.
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:21   #140
Rico11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by causticbeat
Erm. Especially with the increased engagement ranges in the recent/upcoming versions, its safe to say that weapon range/accuracy/ballistics are being scrutinized to an unprecedented degree. What im getting at is kenwayy and egg know weapons tendoncies/balance alot better than you do.
Is this comment intended for me, or the guy that started the thread? You didn't quote anyone so I'm assuming it for the thread starter.
Rico11b is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, lower