project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2009
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-04, 23:15   #131
N.Kuntze
Default Re: [Weapon] M252 81mm Mortar

Borrow that ARtillery System from Forgotten Hopes 2 with 2 Bars at the Top and the left where you could change the Angle and degrees of the Mortar/Artillery.
You need a spotter with a Binouclar (in this case the GLRD) to designate a target.
Designating a target shows the gunner of the Mortar/Artillery the Correct angle and degree count to hit the Target.
This would prevent one man Baserapes and ensured Teamplay since you had to have atleast 2 Squads working together.
Old 2009-09-05, 11:19   #132
Iron_Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Kuntze View Post
Borrow that ARtillery System from Forgotten Hopes 2 with 2 Bars at the Top and the left where you could change the Angle and degrees of the Mortar/Artillery.
You need a spotter with a Binouclar (in this case the GLRD) to designate a target.
Designating a target shows the gunner of the Mortar/Artillery the Correct angle and degree count to hit the Target.
This system would be the Best one as artilery is extremely hard to aim without guides. The FH2 arty system is the best as it sets the azumith and direction when a fire mission is called. It would be great if this was implemented. I dont know if FH2 is able to share the system with you (assuming you ask) but if you did i have my fingers crossed.
Old 2009-09-05, 13:46   #133
TheLean
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Golem View Post
This system would be the Best one as artilery is extremely hard to aim without guides. The FH2 arty system is the best as it sets the azumith and direction when a fire mission is called. It would be great if this was implemented. I dont know if FH2 is able to share the system with you (assuming you ask) but if you did i have my fingers crossed.
I dont like that you get this magical eye above the firemission. Completetly unrealistic. It is fine that the coordinates presets though if a squadleader calls in fire mission with his GLTD. ARTY is generally the big killer in wars btw, in ww2 shrapnel was the major cause of violent death not bullets.
Old 2009-09-07, 02:09   #134
Kossolax

Infantry win Firefights, Tanks win Battles, Artillery wins Wars
Old 2009-09-07, 03:58   #135
bloodthirsty_viking

what if you could just "laze" the ground, giving appox cords, and then adust as needed as repsonse by inf vewing the attack?
Old 2009-09-07, 07:25   #136
Sniperdog
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

In theory you could have mortar and/or artillery rounds which seek laser targets in a manner similar to how the tank rounds seek laser targets (premounted on other vehicles) in combined arms. That way the mortars would only be properly effective if the target was lazed by GLTD. The mortar rounds would be fired up and would lock onto the target on the way back down.

Will Stahl aka "Merlin" in the Squad community
Old 2009-09-08, 00:54   #137
Knobee
Exclamation Re: [Weapon] M252 81mm Mortar

Having been on the receiving end of an 81mm in 1974 (North coast of Cyprus), I can give my full recommendation that this weapon be included!

Layers of buildings keep people alive when these things are being tossed about.

Feel free to ask for further information.
Old 2009-09-09, 12:19   #138
Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]

Good work
Old 2009-09-09, 19:59   #139
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper_dog14 View Post
In theory you could have mortar and/or artillery rounds which seek laser targets in a manner similar to how the tank rounds seek laser targets (premounted on other vehicles) in combined arms. That way the mortars would only be properly effective if the target was lazed by GLTD. The mortar rounds would be fired up and would lock onto the target on the way back down.
Meh, it wouldn't be as fluid as in FH2. It's an excellent system they use, I'm not even sure what happens when the binos get to work
Old 2009-09-09, 23:05   #140
bloodthirsty_viking

i still ike the idea to place a target like i sead jsut erlier "laze the ground" and it falls within say, 1-200 meters away, depending on the correctionns made for "wind" you could say?..

i was gona say a currection for altatude, but unless its up a large mountian, it would not matter.

you could have it land in the same exact spot every time, and just have corrections made by the moterer? about where to go baised on istrucitons from the spotter.
Closed Thread

Tags
81mm, m252, mortar, weapon