project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2014-12-30, 12:24   #141
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Alpha Release - Feedback Thread

Ye, may have just have been the crashing issue and possibly it only being usable some of the time.

Old 2014-12-30, 13:53   #142
StevePl4y5

Why don't you just replace the ladder with a little stairway made out of sandbags or wood?
Old 2014-12-30, 14:02   #143
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePl4y5 View Post
Why don't you just replace the ladder with a little stairway made out of sandbags or wood?
But that is just so much effort man!

Ye that could be done, although I don't see it coming back for full PR since it offered too much protection, although this was mainly an issue when back in the day you had the knife the radio inside the firebase/bunker to destroy it rather than plant C4 on it, but still somewhat relevant.

I'm not totally sure why PR:WW2 opted for it over the normal firebase, if there is a good reason then ye, could look at making some little steps out of sandbags for it.

Old 2014-12-30, 16:40   #144
Roque_THE_GAMER

i liked the new fob, we can use as a bunker protection and the US on the beach this come handle wile they don't get spawn camped and can go behind the fob and trow smoke to move forward, me as a commander i bild 2 fobs on the 2 extreme sides of the beach and the team push they hard on the 2 sides.
Old 2014-12-30, 20:35   #145
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

I'll take a look into updating that to stair steps instead or something after I finish up some other things, thanks for the heads up

I'm not home at the moment to search myself but as a preemptive thing, does anyone have a good tutorial for exporting bundle meshes? I am familiar with statices meshes, but that's the next thing On my list to learn how to export. Thanks ahead of time

Old 2014-12-30, 20:35   #146
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

IMO the beach is too wide, leads to low soldier density (especially for WW2 era) and Americans trying cute tactics like hugging the map edge etc.
Old 2014-12-30, 20:46   #147
Rabbit

Beach is very small in the alt layer. I also change the location of the beach flags so the Americans can not just skirt along the sea wall in cover and cap them all. Hopefully this will reduce skirting.
Old 2014-12-30, 20:54   #148
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratface View Post
I'll take a look into updating that to stair steps instead or something after I finish up some other things, thanks for the heads up

I'm not home at the moment to search myself but as a preemptive thing, does anyone have a good tutorial for exporting bundle meshes? I am familiar with statices meshes, but that's the next thing On my list to learn how to export. Thanks ahead of time
Just import a bunch of bundlemeshes that we have( a jeep, a tank, a helicopter, a boat, a weapon, a stationary weapon,...) and you'll see the difference with a staticmesh right away. To give you some link that sort off have to do with this:
3ds/gmax Model Hierarchy Collection (56k Warning) - BF2 Community Tutorials - Official BF Editor Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
IMO the beach is too wide, leads to low soldier density (especially for WW2 era) and Americans trying cute tactics like hugging the map edge etc.
This is how PR works I'm afraid. Large open maps with room for the team to move in. This indeed leads to possible spread out troops but it's what PR is really about so would be weird to limit that even more then it already is on for example the alt layer.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Mineral; 2014-12-30 at 21:30..
Old 2014-12-30, 21:26   #149
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
There are 3 options for server admins to pick from. The Alt layer being the smallest. I'm not sure if you're referring to that one still, but this is how we're used to in PR. And you might be presenting the first and only complaint when it comes to width. Actually, I even remember that some PR players thought that the ALT version was too small and presented no options in a full server. The beach it's not the only thing that the map has to offer. It was only one part of the battle. The fact that the germans are well stretched it allows less of a slaughterfest/role playing and more gameplay.

Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2014-12-30 at 21:35..
Old 2014-12-31, 09:45   #150
iSmall

Also, i still think M1 needs little buff in damage, because Kar98 > M1 now alot, maybe put M1 damage so when it kits player it mades him go directly to black'n' white (10 % hp left i think)

Tags
alpha, feedback, release, thread