project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-15, 08:54   #141
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Operation Archer - redux

The map has a very different feel compared to the original, Paramedic really did a great job

Old 2008-12-15, 08:57   #142
Warpig-
Supporting Member

Looking great, you guys really know how the push the BF2 engine to its limits lol

Cause we throw bombs on it, throw bombs on it. Just smash something, yeah mosh for me.
Old 2008-12-15, 15:42   #143
DarthDisco

Wow...

I just watched the "Drive Thru" video that you posted Para, and I have to say how incredible the map looks. The pictures do not do it justice. But when you drive through that village and over the hills, and see the trees crowding the narrow dirt roads... It just feels so lived in and real. The attention to detail is truly impressive. Just in that 3 min video I felt immersed in the map. It felt like there could have been an insurgent lurking behind any corner. The roads are all twisty and even in the straight parts there are trees and bushes everywhere behind which to hide.

Bottom line. Simply. Amazing.

DJ
Old 2008-12-15, 15:45   #144
DarthDisco

As an addendum. I really hope that the Canadian Forces mod people are seeing this stuff and getting inspired. To let this map go public without a full Canadian Forces integration would be a sad sacrifice in deed.

That said, to the CF guys, we know you're working hard; so keep it up, we can't wait to see the fruits of your labour anymore than we can wait to see Para's.
Closed Thread

Tags
archer, map, operation, redux