project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-30, 19:00   #141
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality: BF2 v1.2 Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [F|H]Zackyx View Post
i don't know why the devs keep making different flight models for different aicraft PR is clearly not a Flight sim and you can't realistically model the physics of every plane.
That's not a bad idea, I should really make the sub-sonic Sea Harrier go the same speed as the super-sonic Mirage IIIEA in PR:F since there totally different flight mechanics don't add anything to gameplay or tactics!

Asymmetrical balance isn't something that is easy to achieve and takes a lot of thought, time and testing to get right but can normally have a much better end result when done right.

As already explained to you in this topic a few times, and in the OP, we did not have much time to balance out the maps or test the assets and one of the big reasons why the F-35 is so OP at the moment is because of a few bugs we have yet to clean up. If you have a major issue with it I suggest you play on servers running other maps until the problem is fixed, which is better than the alternative of us not releasing anything before the gamespy shutdown which would lead you having nothing to play, or just the same as us just releasing the gamespy fix on its own without anything else which btw would have only slowed down development of the new assets.

Old 2014-05-30, 19:02   #142
[F|H]Zackyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
step 1: log out from PR
step 2: play vBF2
step 3: enjoy your perfectly balanced game, without any assets that could potentially make it bias.
step 1: log in PR
step 2: play HADES PEAK
step 3: enjoy your perfectly unbalanced game, with assets that make it bias.

Maybe should whould keep the unconstructive comment for your self, im trying to give feedback on my ingame experience.

PS: Rhino im not saying the new patch is bad and thx for the effort to release it in time, but im giving my opinion you dont have to take it as a personal attack
Old 2014-05-30, 19:19   #143
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Zackyx, you should ask for a refund.

On a serious note, when people make a game entirely for free on their spare time, and then some dude come and tell them it's crap can be upsetting. The current balance problem has been explained quite a few times already, and the problem seems to be ONLY on Hades Peak with ONLY the F35, so why should they change ALL the airplane mechanics for ONE broke plane?

Just wait, they'll fix it, until then you always have the option not to play HP... or PR at all... or get into the code and find what's wrong, fix it, and show it to the Devs... something like that.
Old 2014-05-30, 19:31   #144
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Maybe should whould keep the unconstructive comment for your self, im trying to give feedback on my ingame experience.

PS: Rhino im not saying the new patch is bad and thx for the effort to release it in time, but im giving my opinion you dont have to take it as a personal attack
How is my comment nonconstructive and yours constructive? My post was an actual suggestion on what you could do to make you happy. 9 years into PR and you come complain about one of the core principles of PR. Asymmetrical balance. How great of a suggestion/feedback that is. I'm simply pointing out that you might want to try out other games that feature war in a symmetrical and Utopian way. As that is simply not PR,neither will it ever be.

Quote:
step 1: log in PR
step 2: play HADES PEAK
step 3: enjoy your perfectly unbalanced game, with assets that make it bias.
I wasn't responding to the F35 being not what it should be right now. I was responding to your idea of PR which is totally out of context. Where every 'class' needs to have the same values. Sure the F35 has it's problems that we aren't happy with. And I'm happy you point of the problems with this jet. That's actual feedback we can work with. And those will eventually be addressed when Jafar or somebody else finds the time and will to do so. Same for possible other balance issues that might exist on the new maps, or even old maps. Really not gonna explain again why 1.2 suffers from more bugs then the usual releases.

Old 2014-05-30, 19:42   #145
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
I'm hardly taking it as a personal attack, as I had pretty much nothing to do with the F-35 or Hades Peak, I'm just getting a bit annoyed by your comments which you've already had answers for and nor do they belong here...

Old 2014-05-31, 00:49   #146
jcvjcvjcvjcv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattobuono View Post
What's wrong with UTorrent, fast and simple.
Not really. I need to download some separate program that I never used before.

Usually... downloading for me means dividing the file size by 10 MB and that's the time in seconds it takes in the worst case scenario. In case of a good server I get 110 MB/s; that's what I call fast. I highly doubt that torrent will go that fast.
Old 2014-05-31, 07:56   #147
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvjcvjcvjcv View Post
Not really. I need to download some separate program that I never used before.

Usually... downloading for me means dividing the file size by 10 MB and that's the time in seconds it takes in the worst case scenario. In case of a good server I get 110 MB/s; that's what I call fast. I highly doubt that torrent will go that fast.
torrent is usually faster than direct download... 110Mb/s is crazy though, even with fibre...
Old 2014-05-31, 13:24   #148
RAWSwampFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWSwampFox View Post
Good Afternoon,

First off, thank you.

Ok, as everyone knows, I have used the CIVIes to great advantage in game play as well as wrote strategy guides and held training sessions. The last update, 1.1.6, made the "casual gamer" quit playing the CIVI. In the 1.2 update, it's near impossible to be a CIVI at all in any sense of the word. It appears that the devs are trying to manage the CIVI in the same manner as any other weapon in the game. While it is a "weapon" of sorts, it's more about tactics than it being a "weapon".

Due to the CIVI popularity, the first change was ok because I get it, people were running around gunning, getting wounded, dropping their kit, waiting the obligatory 1 minute, and dying as a martyr. I didn't agree with extending the time to 2 minutes because the game doesn't play that slow. The latest update is leaning to the ludicrous side, in my opinion.

Here's my thought, if we are going to include ROE into the game, which is "reality", then do something with a piece of programming code that would somehow make those who were carrying a gun, got wounded, want to drop kit to martyr, bleed out at a faster rate to ensure that they were not able to survive the 1 minute to become a martyr.

Lastly, if we are going to micro-manage ROE to the point of absurdness, make ROE a part of every or the majority of opfor factions. Also, make it where only certain kits can arrest CIVIes. You made a FABULOUS mod that focused on REALITY but the ROE part has become more about PERCEPTION than REALITY.

I have some other thoughts but would like to see some reaction to the above.

A penny for your thoughts.

-SwampFox
Any thoughts?
Old 2014-05-31, 13:26   #149
Roughbeak
FH2 Developer

Thank devs for the update! Dutch Forces, really? Awesome, woo!
Old 2014-05-31, 15:20   #150
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Glimmerman View Post
If you model them and they are up to par the could be used
You ignored the part about turn rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWSwampFox View Post
Any thoughts?
If there were enough thoughts put into this before the patch is released; 10m radius would not be in the patch.

1.1.6 was the last fun patch for Iraqi/Hamas insurgency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_o9 View Post

Just wait, they'll fix it, until then you always have the option not to play HP... or PR at all... or get into the code and find what's wrong, fix it, and show it to the Devs... something like that.
No time to wait; 24/7 insurgency map event on CIA is up and it's still not fixed.

Everyone already pointed out most of the problem with maps/rule changes.

EDIT: too late, not enough people want to play INS. EVENT CANCELLED.
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2014-05-31 at 22:04..
Closed Thread

Tags
bf2, project, reality, released, v12