project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2024-02-22, 15:13   #141
robert357

Default Re: New Vehicle Icons

21.5" 1920x1080 and yes, I'm looking on full size LOL

New icons have higher resolution but are the same size, so each pixel is smaller and less visible unlike in old icons. This is the problem. So rather than quickly distinguish vehicle I need stop, look at the icon through magnifying glass and count pixels to tell which Dagger plane is which, is it a shitbox with MG or grenade launcher, is it MT-LB or MT-LB 6M.

Icons ahe_heavy and medium are great, same with aav but I personally would remove some or all details on the turret for aav_light just to make it more different from heavy. Same with semi truck without bomb, remove rectangle from icon without bomb.

However all icons that only difference is in few pixels are hard to distinguish - basically all planes, attack helicopters, icons: jep_mg, jep_mk19, both jep_rws and box_medium, box_heavy, box_heavy_mk19.

If I want be really nitpicky I also would change a little bit in tnk_light because it's too similar to tnk_heavy, same with apc_heavy because it's too similar to apc_medium and all ifv icons are little bit too noisy and hard to read (same with jep_aa but because this is basically one of a kind icon so it's fine).
Last edited by robert357; 2024-02-22 at 17:33..

Tags
icons, vehicle