project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-05, 06:41   #151
Qazdar
Question Re: Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.1 BETA Released!

Hello everyone,

I've never played PR before,just want to know if there will be more planes added to the release version.

And also,want to know if you removed that TAB locking system ...

Thanks,
Old 2011-09-05, 07:13   #152
Twisted Helix
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.1 BETA Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazdar View Post
Hello everyone,

I've never played PR before,just want to know if there will be more planes added to the release version.
In time things will be added. But we are concentrating on the gameplay for 0.1.

Quote:
And also,want to know if you removed that TAB locking system ...
Yes. PRAA uses a version of MandoMissile with some changes.

... and hi Qaz

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
--George Patton--
Old 2011-09-05, 14:16   #153
vicinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebsif View Post
Lol, not like that. In other games hackers are little annoying noobs, here they are gods.
And what's with all the warping? I feel scammed for paying BIS (R-devs r epix) for that.. barely alpha state game on its own.
"Hurr durr release it like that, make some DLCs and the community will finish it for us"
Hmm, while obviously you're referring to the things that can be done with scripting or whatever, I think any of these sorry souls who've nothing better to do than try to spoil the enjoyment of the game for others would love nothing more than to see someone saying "here they are gods"...please, don't feed their egos.

I also think you've being very harsh on Bohemia Interactive. The sim they have created is truely astounding and without it PR:ARMA would not be possible. Unlike 95% of developers these days they continue to support their games and constantly provide bug fixes and generally improve the game. The "hacking" (which I think is too strong a world and also only serves to boost their egos, cheaters is a better word) is only possible because how open and mod-able the sim is. I'd much rather they leave the game open to the community, afterall it's this freedom that actively encourages the community to support the game and likely why PR chose ARMA as a base. They continue to work on their anti-cheat software but as has been said there will always be a way for those who're willing and you can't really blame BI for that. Also, remember it is a pretty complex simulation, no software is ever bug-free. As for online, remember with 50+ players, that is a lot of data that has to travel all around the world, when you add all the extra content from mods into the mix - i'd say they haven't done that bad of job.

Anyway, on to Project Reality. This weekend was my first experience with PR and I am suitably impressed. Must have logged at least 20 hours so far and it's really been a lot of fun, probably the most fun i've had in Arma since it's release. Really nice to be playing against real players again and I like all the work that's been done. Many thanks to the developers, really excellent work and good luck with the mod in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Twisted Helix View Post
In time things will be added. But we are concentrating on the gameplay for 0.1.
Quick question, also kinda related to aircraft, has build-able radar been a feature that has been considered for the future?
Old 2011-09-05, 15:48   #154
Twonkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinity View Post

I also think you've being very harsh on Bohemia Interactive. The sim they have created is truely astounding and without it PR:ARMA would not be possible. Unlike 95% of developers these days they continue to support their games and constantly provide bug fixes and generally improve the game.

Quoted For the Truth.
Old 2011-09-05, 16:00   #155
Twisted Helix
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinity View Post
Quick question, also kinda related to aircraft, has build-able radar been a feature that has been considered for the future?
Cant say that his has, but feel free to pop it in the suggestions forum

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
--George Patton--
Old 2011-09-06, 00:39   #156
Psyko

Can you macro the different chat groups to the numpad or do you have to use the <>/ keys?
Old 2011-09-06, 02:27   #157
daones

I have to say for the first release its a lot of fun, its kind of addicting for sure. I know a lot of the PR type stuff is missing but all of that will come in time. I hope later in the future other environments will be used
Old 2011-09-06, 03:07   #158
Beee8190
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykogundam View Post
Can you macro the different chat groups to the numpad or do you have to use the <>/ keys?
Now that is awsome suggestion as I do hate to watch out for it all the time
Old 2011-09-06, 06:19   #159
Qazdar

Hi TwistedHelix,

We will have a lot of fun soon
Old 2011-09-06, 07:12   #160
sparks50
Supporting Member

You can assign the different chat channels in options, it is very recomended to do so(especially group, direct and vehicle).
Last edited by sparks50; 2011-09-06 at 09:30..
Closed Thread

Tags
arma, beta, project, reality, release, released, v01