project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-07-09, 14:37   #161
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

that would make us give up on life

Old 2007-07-09, 14:59   #162
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Ok, comprimise.

You only get ladyboy hookers until you finish it.

Coke remains untouched. for now!

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 2007-07-09, 15:09   #163
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Yeah but then Rhino would stop making maps when they've finished it, so you're not really giving them a fair deal.
Old 2007-07-09, 18:00   #164
com_kieffer

Wow a new spam thread !!
Old 2007-07-11, 09:14   #165
<SS&D>Bys0n

Great model Dev's good work, I would like to see a few variants in there though since the Lynx is Britains Main Helo covering all 3 of its armed forces makes it is the most versatile helo we have (has many, many variants).

I dont think it is right that you limit it to an unarmed version, it has been the back bone of the british forces for a very long time and has made very little appearences in other games/mods, its only right that it is bestowed the same attention as say the apache, huey and littlebird... The Lynx is still very much the dominant air unit for the british with 70 more being ordered recently by the ministry of defence.

I personally think that having at least one map with an out n out attack variant should be seriously considered if for nothing more than to give credit where credit is due to this very underated Helo

p.s. Dont suppose we can have it in black with an afterburner aswell? lol
Old 2007-07-11, 13:53   #166
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

The Lynx is not in service with the RAF.

The AH7 Lynx is in service with the Fleet Air Arm and the Army Air Corps.

The Army Air Corps either equips it with eight TOWs, four TOWs and a GPMG or no armament for transport & supply.

The Fleet Air Arm usually equips the AH7 Lynx with four TOWs and a GPMG in the anti-tank role. It is sometimes used in the anti-submarine role, but not often.
Old 2007-07-12, 09:12   #167
benjaminosauras

As eddie said no Lynx with the RAF, they are to stupid to fly them.

AH7 Lynx is the familiar Green & Grey, with, as eddie said, a variety of TOW and GPMG loadouts.

The FAA version of the AH7 is currently undergoing a conversion into the wheeled variant, allowing for easier taxiing onboard ships. The AH7 doesn't operate the ASW role though.....

The FAA operate two other versions of the lynx, being the Mk.3 and the Mk.8

Mk.3 is the simplified version, with little technology and dual sticks, which is mainly used for training.

The Mk.8 is the frontline Lynx and is used for a variety of tasks:
ASuW - Anti Surface
AS Weapon Carrier - Doesnt operate the full ASW role well, but can fire the torpedos
Force Protection - General protection of the fleet and/or operations around the fleet.

Can also operate in SAR, HDS, CASEVAC, MCT, and NFS.
Old 2007-07-12, 11:11   #168
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

My bad.

For the record, those C-130s piss me off flying past at night and those Hawk T1s piss me off in the morning. This morning it was the Red Arrows so it's acceptable.
Old 2007-07-12, 11:43   #169
benjaminosauras

Lol, if its the RAF flying anything, then it pisses people off!
Old 2007-07-12, 15:42   #170
[SAF]stal20048

red arrows are the NO NO....arrogant in my opinion as i have met them.....

i also feel the same way about the RAF as ben does, although that might be my navy up bringing :P

my life goal...to not join the RAF at any cost

also, ben, any idea when the commando junglie seaking getting replaced? Hoping to fly in CHF when im older.

Tags
ah7, helicopter, lynx, model, wip