project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-08-13, 00:10   #171
Figisaacnewton

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

must dl now!
Old 2005-08-13, 00:21   #172
MadMan

Theres a problem with the installer. After I install the mod it gives me the following error:

An error occured while trying to read the source file:
The source file "D:\Mike\Games\Battlefield 2\mods\BF2\levels\Dalian_plant\server.zip" does not exist.

Click abort, retry, ignore.

Retry does not work. If I click ignore it goes through what seems to be all the files in each map folder.

Edit: Ok I see the problem. I chose my main battlefield 2 directory. The installer then installed ANOTHER battlefield 2 directory into that and put all the PRMM files in there.
Old 2005-08-13, 00:27   #173
Rg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan
Theres a problem with the installer. After I install the mod it gives me the following error:

An error occured while trying to read the source file:
The source file "D:\Mike\Games\Battlefield 2\mods\BF2\levels\Dalian_plant\server.zip" does not exist.

Click abort, retry, ignore.

Retry does not work. If I click ignore it goes through what seems to be every file in the game directory.
*edit* you edited, lol
Old 2005-08-13, 00:48   #174
Figisaacnewton

Where are the servers?

There is ONE server, and solo and i get pings of 200+.... ack!
Old 2005-08-13, 00:50   #175
CobraPhantom

Ours is updateing right now, sit tight
Old 2005-08-13, 01:10   #176
TerribleOne

Awsome coversion but the helis manuverability needs to be toned down. thats is the only crit i have so far that can be fixed without the new models etc etc.
Very impressed with this release so far. keep up the good work.
Old 2005-08-13, 01:45   #177
Pvt.Weissbrot

Absolutely phuckingtastic.

Superb job Mod team. :thumbs up:
Old 2005-08-13, 02:08   #178
thugnasty

wow this is exactly what I was hoping for. Especially the recoil system. I see some of the ideas I mentioned were put to use. (little or no firing cone wile zoom/stationary) This is perfect because the player now can control the movment of the weapon and be more accurate depending on their skill
Old 2005-08-13, 10:20   #179
Jerry_03

awesome mod, just the realsim i was hoping for also

i really like the SAW now, theres more recoil which is realistic, but the stopping power makes up for that

awesome job
Old 2005-08-13, 14:46   #180
toffa_h

hmm, this mini-mod has ways to go. first of all, how does removing all damage and ammo indicators make the game more realistic? there NEEDS to be some way to check how many bullets you have left in your magazine. the character unloads the magazine and looks inside and then you get an indicator in the bottom right corner saying how many bullets you have left (approx.). you then press the same button to put the magazine back in again (if you wish to add more bullets you press reload).

there also needs to be a way to see whether you have the weapon on single fire, burst, or auto. maybe a button on the keyboard will simply make the character turn the weapon so that you can see in which position the fire-rate switch is in?

why can't i see how much damage i've taken? in real life you can feel if you're good to go or if you need medical assistance. we can't feel this in a game so we need to see it somehow.

and how come we can't see how much damage our vehicle has taken? in real life pilots and drivers have tons of instruments telling them about the status of the vehicle. in your mod we have no idea.

and try and fix the server please, right now it's too laggy to enjoy.
Closed Thread

Tags
minimod, project, reality, release