project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
16 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-04-04, 10:52   #11
Brotherscompany
Default Re: v 1.7.1 Make the bleed effect Red Again

This is how it currently plays:

- Get shot, almost no chance in trying to get in cover since you cant see your surroundings or trying to see the dude , I was in a open field and l killed 2 dudes trying to cross it, l missed half of mag in single mode, l should have died but not once they tried to shoot back they just kept running back because l was on their peripheral vision and they simply couldn't see me and easily shoot me
- Whoever gets the 1 shot hit on a firefight wins because the other dude can't see
-Getting hit and suppressed is a pure death sentence you simply cant see at all you might as well mentally give up since you are so innefective
- You made the playing INS/un conventional factions even worse, having scopes wasn't enough of a advantage already, those factions get low body armor and get 2 shot. If they get shot once thats it you lost your bleed effect is more intense this is just a awful balancing issue you might have not forthseen l know lm surely quitting when INS comes around and lm on REDFOR

Like guys seriously l know lm crying in most updates but can you at least ask us if you are going to make such drastic changes in gameplay, this legit is ruining the experience until it gets reverted. And please l know you want to make this game realistic but we are playing a Video Game l still want to be able to have fun and a chance in fighting back, lm not playing ARMA 3 for maximum realism for my military training!
Last edited by Brotherscompany; 2022-04-04 at 11:11..
Old 2022-04-04, 11:04   #12
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I like it, but I think it's way too intense when only slightly wounded.

Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 11:30   #13
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Don't like the new effect at all.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 11:38   #14
BubblyNinja

Please revert or tweak so it isn't so fucked or at the very least make some changes that make the effect very apparent from suppression.
BubblyNinja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 13:26   #15
[R-CON]​Aleon
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
Whoever gets the 1 shot hit on a firefight wins because the other dude can't see
The current effects hinder visibility less when you get hit compared to the old one. It might be hard to compare since you have no easy way of going back, but my immediate reaction to the change was "wow I can still see" after getting hit. And playing with the new effect and then switching back to the old one to compare, you really couldn't see shit with the blood texture on the screen before. Your under fire visibility is actually better now than it was, it's just not what you are expecting.

Aleon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 18:14   #16
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

After testing it myself I like it more. I guess the heat of the battle made me more stressed about it and made it feel more intense.

I can see myself getting used to this and liking it more as time goes by. I can't really decide if 75 hp might be too intense but when testing it alone it felt fine.

Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 19:58   #17
Boulder

I'm a long term player who has absolutely loved every single PR update up to this point. PR is my favourite game and brings legit joy to my life. Despite thousands of hours, lots of that SLing (especially infantry!), I have never felt the need to make an account until now. I am trying my best not to sound overly dramatic and come across as an asshole here, but this new bleed effect update has completely ruined my enjoyment of playing infantry.

The black-out fade you get is far too obtrusive on gameplay. I understand that one of the goals of devs is to make the game as realistic as possible and that if you get shot irl you're going to feel some serious impacts to your combat effectiveness, but this is too much for a game like PR.

Think about a typical squad vs squad firefight. Already this scenario is high stakes and as soon as it begins grenades will be flying, people will be getting tagged by a shot or two. Before the update, if you were bleeding it was annoying and it made you less effective, but you could at least cope with it - and maybe if your squad suffered at the initial clash of the firefight, you could at least still be useful in trying to salvage the situation. Now, with the blacking-out bleed effect, as soon as you get shot once or are even a little close to a grenade you're almost useless for changing the outcome of the firefight. You just can't see properly. The old bleed effect is not even remotely comparable to how severe this new bleed is.

You can barely see enough to navigate your surroundings, let alone effectively fire back at enemy. Your periphery vision is fucked and the pulsing is so severe and long-lasting. With the red-bleed you could see through it somewhat and keep maneuvering/fighting.

What this update does is place even more of an impact onto the initial few seconds of contact - making PR combat even more unforgiving and increasing the divide between the skilled vets and the new/casual players. I think firefights are more interesting the longer/more competitive they are - this bleed update makes them quick and brutal in a way that doesn't feel fun, but which I'm sure some sweaty vets will love. Combine with old suppression effects (which you'll suffer in a firefight while bleeding!) and I struggle to imagine how devs thought that anyone could tolerate the gigantic decrease in vision.

I want to firmly add my voice to agreeing with everything Brotherscompany said above, especially the shit experience this enforces for INS factions.

I think PR devs are awesome people and this community/game is really important to me - it makes me so sad to have this experienced ruined from my POV.
Boulder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-05, 00:16   #18
WingWalker

Lone wolfs would be very annoyed with this change for sure.

I like the change, it is a more natural effect on you when you get wounded.

I like that is is annoying people here.

Before this update those people were not afraid of getting hit. They would just patch up quick and keep playing... worry about it later.

The effect should be very annoying to the player. It is simulating having a piece of metal go through, or stuck in your body, or worse.

Whatever the effect, there needs to be a real metal effect on the player in some way, but it should seem natural like this.

It is not rendering you incapacitated, but it annoys you...

... which makes you want to get healed, so players will need to team work more or communicate more with medics and squads.

Reminds me of way back when the DEVs made the respawn times longer, people freaked out, but it was the first time I was actually feeling nervous about getting shot.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-05, 01:38   #19
MOSES!!

I like the wound feature its adds realism and players would play more cautiously and would take the medic class more when you get shot you initially close your eyes then your body gets fatigued ie the fading black on your screen till you get healed up.
MOSES!! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-05, 02:04   #20
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason View Post
After testing it myself I like it more. I guess the heat of the battle made me more stressed about it and made it feel more intense.

I can see myself getting used to this and liking it more as time goes by. I can't really decide if 75 hp might be too intense but when testing it alone it felt fine.

I like this change very much! And the Red is back! (although barely noticeable below 25) consider myself satisfied!
ismaelassassin is offline Reply With Quote