project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Norwegian Forces
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Norwegian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Norwegian Forces faction.

Old 2011-06-06, 23:23   #11
Wicca
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

I wish i could join the army... My wife wont let me.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Old 2011-06-07, 00:27   #12
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
I wish i could join the army... My wife wont let me.
Just tell her it's not your choice to make

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero
Old 2011-06-08, 12:27   #13
Daewi

What I have done in the Norwegian military? Beside from being a HV-U I am drafted to the Norwegian armoured battalion where I'll hopefull become a mortar man. Many says that ESK 6 is for lazy pussies (not true), but I have genuine intrest in mortars. Besides I'll have a better chance to enlist in TMBN as it's mostly stormtroopers and infaterymen(women) who who enter the battalion. Recruting mortarmen and medics are usually not too attractive as I have heard.
Old 2011-06-10, 21:04   #14
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steean-X View Post
Love the thread

Also, our squadron, and our "clone-squadron"; Stormeskadron 4 were the chosen one to go to Afghan this year. I was actually really keen, but then I had a week home on "perm", and then I loved being home too much. As soon as I got back to Setermoen, I immediately wanted to go to Afghan again, but a couple of weeks later the whole shit was cancelled due to political stuff and shit. So looks like I'm gonna play PR the whole next year to make it up.

Stian
basesett2 and 1 was to take over the base defense I am in 2 I was thinking of joining but because i am in dog I needed more time to train (as we usually do learn about reading dogs and shit we dont have the training in more fighting things) so I had to go next year and I wasnt keen on using 2 years of my life to go to a-stan.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 2011-06-18, 16:46   #15
Himalde

I didn't want to spend the time, and they didn't need me = profit!
Old 2011-06-19, 00:40   #16
dtacs
Supporting Member

Cool thread

In the TMBN, are the attached CV90's in Afghan etc. part of the TMBN or an attachment from an armored unit? Curious as they seem to be pretty well kitted-out.
Old 2011-06-19, 04:50   #17
pleym
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Cool thread

In the TMBN, are the attached CV90's in Afghan etc. part of the TMBN or an attachment from an armored unit? Curious as they seem to be pretty well kitted-out.
TMBN have their own armoured vehicles like CV90, SISU-X etc

PR:BF2 Mapper
Old 2011-06-20, 11:49   #18
Daewi

TMBN is considered as a battle group with has a vareity of own troop asortment. It has its own armor troop (company). The CV90 units are integrated in the battalion's 2 infantry companies. Additional support comes from the support squadron which fields armoured recon, mortar, medical support, H&S platoon and a repair platoon.

Support from outside the battalion is provided by one CSS company(Combat Service Support) and Battery Piraya (Heavy Artillery).

In Afghanistan the PU (Partnering Unit) as well as other units uses CV90s, IVECOs and SISUs.

Daewi
Old 2011-06-20, 20:51   #19
Zimmer
Supporting Member

I would also recommend for scandinavians Norway in war its a norwegian documentary in 6 parts @ 30 min the tv channel who made it has given it out in 720/1080 by torrent:
BitTorrent: “Norge i krig – Oppdrag Afghanistan” Its in norwegian so recommended for scandinavians and people who want to watch without knowing what is said, its not like armadillo, but its alittle different in teh north then in the green zone.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 2011-06-23, 12:54   #20
Twonkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
?Norge i krig ? Oppdrag Afghanistan?[/url] Its in norwegian so recommended for scandinavians and people who want to watch without knowing what is said, its not like armadillo, but its alittle different in teh north then in the green zone.
There's also a swedish documentary called "Krig f?r Fred" "War For Peace"... I really think they should've chosen another title but it's very good.

Ooo downloading w/ 6MB/s :O

Tags
military, norwegian, offtopic