project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2021-07-17, 07:08   #11
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Game Crashes very often

Quote:
Originally Posted by LangMaster View Post
It may be possible, i could try a different server, VG is having some issues after the update i can tell the end screen is insanely long after the latest update, but they are working on it.
If you need help with that, feel free to make a separate thread. Nothing in the update should have caused extended loading times

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 21:29   #12
[R-CON]​LangMaster
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
If you need help with that, feel free to make a separate thread. Nothing in the update should have caused extended loading times
Yeah i don't think that is my job to do, i am not that up close to VG, Semler will definitely check it out though he is a bit sick lately, but i believe in him.

The end screen was usually long after we played around 60 maps already, now there is 8 in history and you can literally take a shower.

Though i still think this error is somewhat my problem, i was questioning players and i am not the only one who gets it, though some players who play alot does not even had this once.

LangMaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-04, 18:41   #13
[R-CON]​LangMaster
PR:BF2 Contributor

SO it happened again and it happened to multiple people at once, some people stayed in the server some were kicked with a same error message.

now it happened on VG Coop Server Adak - Large

LangMaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-12, 06:34   #14
[R-DEV]Mats391
Supporting Member

After lots of trying, Suchar managed to reproduce this crash and was able to generate a dump for it. On first look it seems to be some issue with path finding. We are still investigating the dump and will fix it as soon as possible.

Old 2021-08-12, 07:13   #15
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
After lots of trying, Suchar managed to reproduce this crash and was able to generate a dump for it. On first look it seems to be some issue with path finding. We are still investigating the dump and will fix it as soon as possible.
Pathfinding was the server crash, I didn't check the new dump yet.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-12, 16:23   #16
SemlerPDX

VG PR COOP will be able to turn on ProCdumps again once we get our new server box live. Dumps can pile up, can come back in a day to 5GB+ of files, and don't want to say how low our storage overhead is on our old server box... SSD's were brand new when we got it, a very small RAID-1 setup that is fairly at capacity. New server has plenty of space on a new NVMe RAID-1 setup, and will be up and running all our servers within a week.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-24, 13:26   #17
[R-DEV]Mats391
Supporting Member

This issue seems to be related to player entering vehicles on spawn. (objectTemplate.setEnterOnSpawn) We still have no real idea why this happens and especially why it just started happening recently. However we were able to fix the crash client side and it will be part of the next update.