project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-05, 17:09   #11
{GD}StevenGarcia

Sometimes punishing is a good way to let a teammate know that he is shooting at a friendly squad and should probably cease fire.
Old 2007-02-05, 17:18   #12
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer
Its mostly the innocent guys who gets punished, not the real bastards. I never punish, unless its really intentional. If someone shots me into back, I know he is sorry for it, so why on earth to make him more pissed with the situation? Is it good teamwork to punish for every single accident? No, its good teamwork to encourage people, not punish them.
encore encore encore, you got it!
Old 2007-02-05, 17:23   #13
bigbossmatt

if someone teamkills me I would only like to here a "sry" and i always 'forgive', because punishing leads to no positive outcomes.

I get mildy annoyed if people wont even say sory or acknowledge that they fukt up.

When I tk, I type sory dude, and use the radio to say it, then i think nothing more about it. If they make a deal, ill exlain why it happened, no one goes any further after that.

I think my approach is the easiest and most carefree approach... TK's happen, move on.
Old 2007-02-05, 17:24   #14
TomBabmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinwehr
Lately, whenever I am playing USMC I use the grenadier. I can't tell you how many times I have crouched for like 3 seconds with the 40mm, taken careful aim and fired only to watch the round fly off at an impossible tangent and hit a lamp-pole or something and TK like 3 guys.
Hmmm. Haven't used GL or grenades in PR much (because I'm a medic whore), but in vBF2 I could swear that every time I threw/shot a grenade and strafed, the 'nade also strafed on mid-air with me... May be just my imagination or something.
Old 2007-02-05, 17:25   #15
Wasteland

EDIT: this is @ Engineer. It took me a little bit to type it I guess.

All the examples you gave are examples where it's the TKed person's fault. And then they shouldn't punish.

But there are a lot of times when I will punish.

1) When I'm facing the other way and the player definately has time to spot-check me.

2) When it's intentional.

3) When I'll stumble across a friendly. He'll open fire, and I'll get behind cover. I'll spam "No Sir!", but he'll kill me anyway.

4) When we stumble across each other, he opens fire, and I die. He doesn't say sorry. He may even steal my kit.

5) When we stumble across each other, he opens fire, and I die. I have a medic kit. He switches kits with me but doesn't revive me.

6) When I'm defending the flag against an onslaught. Friendlies notice the flag goes gray, and blow their clackers without checking the minimap.
Old 2007-02-05, 17:38   #16
{GD}StevenGarcia

Good examples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier
5) When we stumble across each other, he opens fire, and I die. I have a medic kit. He switches kits with me but doesn't revive me.
This one really pisses me off. Whenever I TK someone, the first thing I do is check to see if they were a medic so I can undo the damage. I don't care if they ran in front of my fire or if they insta-punished me. I expect people to do the same, but I guess I expect too much.
Old 2007-02-05, 17:48   #17
Skinwehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenGarcia
Good examples.

This one really pisses me off. Whenever I TK someone, the first thing I do is check to see if they were a medic so I can undo the damage. I don't care if they ran in front of my fire or if they insta-punished me. I expect people to do the same, but I guess I expect too much.

Yeah, I usually do the same thing. Unless it is a really hot battlefield.

And if the guy wasn't a medic and I pick up his kit, I usually put his kit back so he don't think I'm there to rob him. If there are medics nearby I will use my smoke nades (if I've got them) as a courtesy to the medics trying to revive him (if they do).
Old 2007-02-05, 17:51   #18
Wasteland

Whenever I see a body, I'll usually pickup or check out the kit, on the off chance that I could pick up some ammo, health, or whatever I happen to need at the moment.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:00   #19
Mekstizzle

It's only a real problem on PLA maps where everybody looks the same. Unlike MEC maps where the camo is different. Still after playing like 600 hours of BF2 and most of that on Wake Island i can't tell the difference without hesitating and double checking.

Whereas on MEC maps it's nice and simple.
Dark Brown - MEC
Light Brown - US

That and on PLA maps they all seem to be jungle maps with all sorts of vegitation all over the place and overgrown grass with goons hiding in it. If only there were more Sunset City style PLA maps.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:02   #20
Wasteland

Yeah, in the jungle you have to have tons of situational awareness. Check your minimap constantly.

Tags
punishment, teamkill