project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-15, 16:31   #11
Mekstizzle

What i notice is the "lightning" icon on the minimap signalling a "wounded soldier" doesn't stay for long at all. Which makes medics often miss the players on the floor - thinking they're dead or not even noticing them at all (camoflauge always works the other way round )
Old 2007-02-15, 16:43   #12
lonelyjew

I think I make an alright medic. I've learned not to just blindly heal people. I try to throw smokes and clear an area if I have the time so both of us don't get killed. The only exception I make is for squad leaders and I just hope that they bust ass and run to cover as soon as I heal them because their lives are worth more than mine usually.
Old 2007-02-15, 21:29   #13
blud

In my experience, it's very rare that it is safe to revive or heal someone. Usually they are in a position where they just got shot by some enemy. So if I revive or heal them I'll just get shot too.
Old 2007-02-15, 21:36   #14
[3UK]2RT|Maj.GloryAndPain

If your getting healed, for god's sake point your gun in a hostile direction and cover the that quarter while the medic works.
Old 2007-02-15, 22:04   #15
Wipeout

Yeah there's been what 5 people here that have said yeah I'm medic all the time check everything sometimes I miss a few people when I do I'm sorry, but I try to get everyone and they are more then likely valueable assets to any team.

The thing is though I've found myself standing in front of medics spamming, I need a medic here! And I'm continuely ignored.. Why? Because the only reason they are medic is to heal themselves, no other reason.

Medics should not be able to heal themselves. They should get one field dressing like the normal soldier. It will make them respect there lives, do there jobs, and people won't abuse the class.
Old 2007-02-15, 22:22   #16
lonelyjew

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PIT]BludShoT
In my experience, it's very rare that it is safe to revive or heal someone. Usually they are in a position where they just got shot by some enemy. So if I revive or heal them I'll just get shot too.
Smoke grenades are your best friend.
Old 2007-02-15, 22:27   #17
{GD}StevenGarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipeout
Medics should not be able to heal themselves.
Agreed.

I typically play as medic but I do not go out of my way to heal non-squadmates. Why? Because I've found that it typically results in me becoming separated from my squad and thereby putting them at risk. If I tried to get everyone, I would not be an asset to my squad.
Old 2007-02-15, 22:33   #18
NiGHTWoLF

I actually tell medics in my squad not to bother reviving none squad members since you only get 6 revives and ammo can sometimes be short its not worth the risk wasting them on a non-squadie, who will just end up not following us and being of any help anyways.

You're most probably a noob
Old 2007-02-15, 22:53   #19
Wasteland

No way man. Then you'd need two medics in a proper squad.

If they're being bastards, whatever. If you do what you're suggesting, the lonewolves will just stop going medic. But it won't make any more people go medic that are willing to help you out.

I've seen this happen a couple times. It's very very annoying. I feel like just knifing the bastards (though I don't).

The worst though is when they won't waste a precious revive on you. I've only seen it happen maybe twice or three times. One of them was about an hour ago on Al Basrah. Two medics standing over my body, looking at me, but not reviving. Even though I called "Medic!" as soon as I saw them there.
Old 2007-02-15, 23:11   #20
DaedalusAI1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiGHTWoLF
I actually tell medics in my squad not to bother reviving none squad members since you only get 6 revives and ammo can sometimes be short its not worth the risk wasting them on a non-squadie, who will just end up not following us and being of any help anyways.
I Can see your point on not reviving non squadmates if you are moving to an objective, but if your team has a lot of forces moving in on a capture-zone or chokepoint, then you should heal others outside of your squad. They are fighting for the same objective, and the more of them there are, the more the enemy has to deal with. Same thing with after a big fight. You don't really have to worry about charges in a good squad, you would have a rifleman to reload you.

Tags
corpsmen, jobs, plz