project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2023-05-20, 08:31   #11
[R-DEV]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Operation Schlagwetter [WIP]

Would be nice if you upload your images in somewhere more accessible to the public, your image hosting service does not allow certain countries to view

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 10:09   #12
KSK Membra

I would want to post it like other peope do 1920x1080 but i dont know how and I've tried with the link pincture option which doesn't work.
KSK Membra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 16:49   #13
[R-DEV]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSK Membra View Post
I would want to post it like other peope do 1920x1080 but i dont know how and I've tried with the link pincture option which doesn't work.
Try Imgur?

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 16:59   #14
Rabbit

Kinda screwing yourself over picking a developed country to have an airport as there are not many good assets for it. I'd suggest maybe going and looking at Hamburg's and leaning into the commercial side of the airport and lean into that.

That or pick an old very small airport like Strausberg or Eisenhüttenstadt. Near MSRs that could be adapted into a forward helicopter base for the Russians.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 21:36   #15
KSK Membra

I don't quite understand what do you mean by "screwing myself over picking a developed country to have an airport".

What I've made is a military airport and not a commercial one
Old 2023-05-21, 16:12   #16
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSK Membra View Post
I don't quite understand what do you mean by "screwing myself over picking a developed country to have an airport".

What I've made is a military airport and not a commercial one
Then go look at the southside of Ramstein and use that as a template. It has a lot of nice woods and bends in roads to break up line of site too. If you use the storage/weapon bunkers from from Khami in K4 and the hangers with doors from masirah and c-130s you could make a really nice area.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 16:35   #17
KSK Membra

I'd like to also say that this map is supposed to be 2k and not 4k if anyone hasnt seen it yet. If I'd have to expand the airbase more it wouldnt leave it with much forest, as where germany is known for having a lot of forest where incase of a war they would most likely fight through.

But I see what you mean
Last edited by KSK Membra; 2023-05-21 at 19:22..
Old 2023-06-09, 09:00   #18
KSK Membra

Old 2023-06-09, 09:04   #19
KSK Membra

Old 2023-06-09, 15:20   #20
Rabbit

I see you decided to stick with your gut and made no changes to the airfield.

Main bases have horrible routes in and out which would require massive combat zones to protect them.

Most of your points of interest are way to close to the edge of the map which usually makes pretty shitty combat. and with that most of the designs are pretty bad.

Square city that really has no aspects of a city. Poorly laid out military bases without an accurate design to what a real one might look like or an accurate location where one would be placed.

Same goes with whatever that industrial section is supposed to be.

But hell what do I know. Loads of shitty maps become cult classics so maybe it will work but I dont see how this isnt just a smaller worse version of Silent Eagle.
Last edited by Rabbit; 2023-06-09 at 15:25..