project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2023-01-31, 17:54   #11
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Bleed Effect is Impairing and Detrimental to gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
Its not that bad although the wheel stuff is a super valid point
It's a feature, not a bug. When it is that bad, in the FUBAR range but still upright and taking air, the loss of UI elements is intentional. Being that you can bind a key as an alternative to scroll wheel provides a perfectly valid workaround to access whatever without the easy scroll wheel menu. Easy things go away when you are in the FUBAR range, intentionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
If I'm bleeding out and the medic is either preoccupied with my squad mates or on his way to me. The last thing I wanna do is accidentally pull a grenade or shoot a friendly when trying to stem the bleed.
Then you can use or create a bind, or realize that the game is telling you that you're screwed. All good intentions of helping stem the flow of blood won't matter if you cannot calmly address the challenge of this new situation, and either press the appropriate keyboard key for the patch, or sit tight and wait for your team. Again, easy things go away when you are FUBAR. The entire medic system and these sorts of features are key elements of teamwork and/or realism modifiers designed into Project Reality over time.

I'm sure feedback is invaluable, but it's hard to see any complaint here that is not merely stating the facts of Project Reality as if they are unknown: The bleed effect is designed to be impairing and detrimental to gameplay. It exists to enforce teamwork, to simulate more realistic dangers, and impose some form of handicap to players in such a state of medical distress.

Last edited by SemlerPDX; 2023-01-31 at 18:41..
Old 2023-02-01, 00:21   #12
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Then you can use or create a bind, or realize that the game is telling you that you're screwed. All good intentions of helping stem the flow of blood won't matter if you cannot calmly address the challenge of this new situation, and either press the appropriate keyboard key for the patch, or sit tight and wait for your team. Again, easy things go away when you are FUBAR. The entire medic system and these sorts of features are key elements of teamwork and/or realism modifiers designed into Project Reality over time.

I'm sure feedback is invaluable, but it's hard to see any complaint here that is not merely stating the facts of Project Reality as if they are unknown: The bleed effect is designed to be impairing and detrimental to gameplay. It exists to enforce teamwork, to simulate more realistic dangers, and impose some form of handicap to players in such a state of medical distress.
Do you know how many times I've blown myself up or accidentally mag dumped a friendly trying to pull my patch out? Way too many. It feels like the game is actively punishing lower health players more and driving them to bleed out and die.

Half the time I dont even know where in my kit my bandages are. With some kits it's the 8th slot or the hidden 9th slot. Do you know how annoying it is to hear your guy start placing a watercan when you want a bandage instead? I like most players use the scroll wheel for weapons selection. Because it's more ergonomic.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 07:29   #13
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

Set up your monitor properly.

https://www.eizo.com/library/basics/lcd_display_gamma/

https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/...tor-windows-10

you can turn off signatures in options
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 16:14   #14
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Do you know how many times I've blown myself up or accidentally mag dumped a friendly trying to pull my patch out? Way too many. It feels like the game is actively punishing lower health players more and driving them to bleed out and die.

Half the time I dont even know where in my kit my bandages are. With some kits it's the 8th slot or the hidden 9th slot. Do you know how annoying it is to hear your guy start placing a watercan when you want a bandage instead? I like most players use the scroll wheel for weapons selection. Because it's more ergonomic.
You are not Rambo. You are not John McClane. You are not Neo from the Matrix or John Wick.

In the case in point, you are playing the role of a severely injured soldier, and if you cannot pull out a patch due to the loss of the easy scroll wheel menu when you are FUBAR, then that is a skill issue - own it. Git gud. Learn how to remember what kit you are using and what hotkey is the 'patch' button for that kit before you get shot to shit. Make a note or cheat-sheet if you must. Apparently, you've been playing this game since '03, so you have absolutely ZERO excuses.

PR is a teamplay game with a focus on more realistic engagements and detriments. Deal with it. I'll eat my hat if they change this aspect just for you.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 16:54   #15
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
I like most players use the scroll wheel for weapons selection. Because it's more ergonomic.
I think it's quite rich of you to assume that just about every player has this issue given you're the first one to complain about such a thing.

You could always rebind weapon slot 8 to something you can press in a hurry, that would solve your particular issue in 5 seconds without making 20 posts about how this affects you on a personal level.

We're also highly unlikely to change the bleed effect based on what I can the team's sentiment is, though alterations may or may not be made.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 18:56   #16
dcm

At this point I'm beginning to believe you have something personal against me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
I think it's quite rich of you to assume that just about every player has this issue given you're the first one to complain about such a thing.

You could always rebind weapon slot 8 to something you can press in a hurry, that would solve your particular issue in 5 seconds without making 20 posts about how this affects you on a personal level.

We're also highly unlikely to change the bleed effect based on what I can the team's sentiment is, though alterations may or may not be made.
I'm not the first. I'm probably the only one who's been pissed off enough to actively discuss it in depth on the forums.

I already have my keys rebound. Where I have most used actions & keystrokes bound to immediate vicinity of my hand, so I dont have to lift said hand off the keyboard. I can reach over half of keyboard controls that way.

Atleast turn it down for fuck sakes. As medic, I've been accidentally teamkilled by my patients trying to reach their own patches. When asked how, they say that they use scroll wheel to select their patches.

I'm not messing with monitor settings to alleviate a problem that was artificially imposed. Besides I do work from my monitor and I need it to be color correct at all times.
Old 2023-02-01, 21:48   #17
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
At this point I'm beginning to believe you have something personal against me
Nah, it's more like the same ol' tired "I don't like change because it's different now.", which has been a staple of player's response to changes since forever and likes to ignores our reasoning for >change in question<. I heard it a couple of times in the past years, and it gets old rather quick.
The way I see it, after the fifth time of being told "no" one might think you'd wisen up to the fact we're not persuaded by your complaints(in part due to them being easily solveable, and because they are, quite frankly, "skill issue" more than anything else) nor do we respond particularly well to remarks to the tune of "stupid ass design". So you're -2 in terms of "approach of persuation" and "argumentation". Bluntly put: You're not doing your cause any favours whatsoever by continuing like this, no matter how much this change personally irks you.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 22:02   #18
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead

To be fair, personally, it doesn't matter what you say. Nothing will convience me in this case. We already nerfed the bleed once and I didn't really agree with it (and I still don't). With that being said, I can't imagine us nerfing the bleed again.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 23:03   #19
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
To be fair, personally, it doesn't matter what you say. Nothing will convience me in this case. We already nerfed the bleed once and I didn't really agree with it (and I still don't). With that being said, I can't imagine us nerfing the bleed again.
Damn shame. The old effect was so much better. I'd rather a black and white screen than this pulsating grey bullshit.

Welp. I guess I'm done being a medic. Too risky. I aint getting my brains blown out by friendlies no more.
Old 2023-04-09, 09:48   #20
Stolt_Yugoslav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
Nah, it's more like the same ol' tired "I don't like change because it's different now.", which has been a staple of player's response to changes since forever and likes to ignores our reasoning for >change in question<. I heard it a couple of times in the past years, and it gets old rather quick.
The way I see it, after the fifth time of being told "no" one might think you'd wisen up to the fact we're not persuaded by your complaints(in part due to them being easily solveable, and because they are, quite frankly, "skill issue" more than anything else) nor do we respond particularly well to remarks to the tune of "stupid ass design". So you're -2 in terms of "approach of persuation" and "argumentation". Bluntly put: You're not doing your cause any favours whatsoever by continuing like this, no matter how much this change personally irks you.
I never understood why people in authority so often seem to like to have their arse kissed a little bit. I mean sure, I get it, you want recognition for a job well done, right? And someone not respecting your brilliant work and perhaps even deprecating it gets your feels down, or something?

But see, at least me I feel that the internet could help us bridge this ego divide. You feel your design is fantastic, or at least Suchar below you seems to do because his argument is basically "I like it this way, I didnt even like the nerf and I will never agree to a further nerf" and dcm doesnt.

So let dcm express himself freely, its not like your made up avatar name is substantially connected to your real life personality and you have to take his "stupid ass design" personally.

He's probably feeling frustrated with that you're putting words in his mouth, because when he repeatedly (indeed, 5 times now) explains why he doesn't like something and your interpretation of it is shown to be "you don't like it because its new". You're both essentially just throwing mud at each other, you just have a bit more tact which frankly also is less direct and at least I like direct. Its more honest.

This post is a bit meta and the way this forum is moderated some mod might take it as a perfect excuse to lock the thread. Not that anyone cares or reads these boards anymore anyway. But for what its worth, its this one old players opinion that your attitude to community contributions has basically been elitist since a bunch of people tried to split off/got annoyed with the way weapon swing and recoil worked and aviation combat. Your defense has always been that you have your vision, you work on this game and its as much as (or more) for you to play and thus design as it is for anyone else in the community. And so with that kind of attitude (which I have to admit, is at least partly justified), you are going to and have experienced this type of pushback.
Last edited by Stolt_Yugoslav; 2023-04-09 at 10:15..