project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2024-02-06, 00:33   #11
TheMerchantOfMenace
Supporting Member

Default Re: CNC: Can it be better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4ckp4ck View Post
Second serious issue is that CnC games just take too long. My event lasted for 1hr 54 even when blufor commander attacked redfor fob for over 1 hour. Public AAS games usually last less than 60 minutes. This may be one of the reasons why this gamemode is left out on public servers. In my opinion the most contributing factor is that there's no bleed when the enemy fob is up.
I can't agree with the time issue being raised, and I'm hoping that there is still a significant enough PR playerbase that is in agreement.

It is unfortunate that PR has become a rush-rush, hurry-up-and-get-it-over-with type of game, but it feels like most Pub rounds nowadays are this way, too rushed, not enough conversation and coordination amoungst squad members, squads, and team.

All that being said, having played all too often on the side of unbalanced dog-poop Pub teams, even one hour can seem like an eternity.
TheMerchantOfMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-06, 00:46   #12
TheMerchantOfMenace
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agus92 View Post
decreased timer for artillery could be a quick fix to current CnC. Against a prepared position, much like real life, you need an artillery attack to allow for an aggressive action. The more frequent those artillery strikes are available, the more frequent good attacks against the defended FOBs can happen.

Not a bad idea, but if this were to happen, I would hope that these arty strikes would not be more frequent than 20 min. intervals... perhaps even 25 mins.

A potential problem with frequent Arty is that it drastically reduces the locations one can build the FOB, since only FOBs located within a building could be shovelled as the artillery is falling (thinking of the scenario this weekend whereas with the FOB being underground, the defenders are able to shovel the FOB as it's collapsing, if in great enough numbers). The defending team would have no chance of keeping their FOB alive if it were located outside of buildings or other overhead structures, so only maps with large cities would allow for the enemy FOB to be difficult to find... most maps the opposing team would only have small amounts of terrain to explore in order to find the enemy, since FOB cover would be sparse.
Last edited by TheMerchantOfMenace; 2024-02-06 at 00:55.. Reason: Add extra detail
Old 2024-02-06, 01:13   #13
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerchantOfMenace View Post
I would hope that the DEVs might not consider mechanics that would facilitate the frequent use of human wave tactics
Never

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-06, 01:44   #14
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
Never

???

!!!!!!!!

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-06, 03:04   #15
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

I feel exposed way sooner than I intended.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-07, 07:23   #16
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

I am absolutely, positively, affirmatively suggesting turning CNC into a gamemode where human wave attacks are a viable tactic. The proper "teamwork" gamemode will always be AAS and we already have a fuck-around gamemode in the forms of Insurgency.

Turning CNC into this could allow for a lot of fun. You will still need teamwork to take down an enemy super FOB position (defenders advantage, foxholes, mortars, TOW, etc.) and you may find yourself on the side of relentless attacks or on defense against them.

On the point of arty, I am actually in favor of removing it. You have this gamemode where your objective is to defend/attack an FOB, but at the same time you literally have a "delete-the-enemy-fob"-button every 30 minutes. Whats the point in that?

So to summarize the suggestions again:
- Significantly buff rally points
- Enemy FOB up = you get ticket bleed REGARDLESS of your FOB status. Ticket bleed still depends on centring
- Remove arty

Here you go. Fun and unique gamemode. CoMpEtItIvElY viable. Youre welcome.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-07, 17:16   #17
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

I think bleed start could be delayed like 5 minutes, or even random amout of minutes (0 - 5) so that it's harder to estimate enemy FOB location based on timing, and give teams time to build other structures.

Number of different circles/regions for bleed rates could also be reduced to three by widening and combining them. Like merge the two innermost regions into one and the two other rings around them into one.

Due to the delay, low-end bleed rates could be increased a bit as well.
bad_nade is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-25, 06:07   #18
Grump/Gump.45

I have built a FOB as close to the middle as I can. Our FOB lasted the whole round in this place without getting destroyed, had tanks support to break up attacks before they went out, came back to FOB, went back to main and went out again.

My strategy involves setting up the super FOB balancing between setting up as close to main as possible and the middle of the map. That way we have all our assets right there close to us, also less dangerous distance and unknown anti-air/anti-tank areas to travel.

Tanks should defend to break up attacks and break the enemies confidence, de-coordinate them with casualties. One second they have enough to attack, few deaths later they don't. A few failed attacks gives leaves you with more tickets than them. Strategically crush them, set the battlefield objectives and events to create.

I believe in the positions of the FOB acting like a booby trap. 4 tanks, 4 APCs, 2 jets. That is a lot of firepower and security to add to a FOB. The armor should never set up directly on the FOB, you want enemy to choose between bombing/artillery between the super FOB or the armor which can be like another mobile super FOB in view.

The FOB needs to be big enough where an artillery attack will hurt only part of it. Fighting line of majority of the FOB assets 200 meters forward of the FOB, so artillery on foxholes doesn't hit the FOB. FOBs have a 200 meter build radius, use up as much as possible. This requires squad leaders to actually move further when they place assets.

When I see bunched up FOB assets I know a lazy, complacent or careless squad leader is around not using the full potential of the brain, to look at what is in the game starting from biggest threats of explosives like CAS bombs and artillery. Its a game, you use your fingers to walk.

I have seen evidence of squad leaders placing HMGs that are blocked by a foxhole that wasn't thought out, as simple as putting foxhole infront of HMGs.

10 foxholes, 2 HMGs, 1 AA, 1 TOW, 2 mortars. If you place mortars they get their own spot away from the FOB and assets 100 to 200 meters, count the keypads. This was counter mortars don't also hit everything else. Spreading things out is important and to mitigate damage done by a single attack.

A repeated issue I deal with on all game modes, I always tell the squad leader "build you mortars off the FOB, far enough counter mortars don't damage the FOB"... Blatent refusals, blatently ignoring me placing the mortars right up against the FOB. Its like are people that lazy in a video game to walk 100-200 meters?

Even the transport squads, they need to know for building mortars to drop supplies away from the FOB. So that way, lazy impatient squad leaders who don't want to wait for a propper crate drop for mortars away from the FOB don't say "I would build mortars further but he dropped all the crates right next to the FOB.

Leads me into the next issue, transport pilots or logi drivers dropping all the supplies in the same location everytime. FOB need a crate pile, mortars need a crate pile, AA, TOW and HMG needs at least one crate next to it. Back to spreading things out for artillery, if you put all your crates in one spot, you can lose them all.

Even as I say "Tell your pilots spread the crates out, crate spot for the mortars, FOB, HMG" and they ignore and just pile every single crate up in one spot. The past few months, I have seen transport pilots dropping too close to infantry, landing on them, dropping crates on them. As if they are trying to TK and troll.

Safety first, in everything. Think please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHP-MFqXgFg&t=1319s
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote