project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2013-05-18, 12:16   #11
KiloJules
Default Re: PR Noise-Problem Solution

Sorry what? You mean you don't have to hold ctrl to duck down but rather have a macro hold the button for you?!

Meh...
KiloJules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 01:47   #12
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member

Realy good work.

ChallengerCC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:21   #13
Gracler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloJules View Post
Sorry what? You mean you don't have to hold ctrl to duck down but rather have a macro hold the button for you?!

Meh...
I think he means ducking in relation to audio, like the way it works in vanilla bf2 when someone talk the in-game sound is lowered.
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 13:18   #14
Spook
Supporting Member

I did not want to do that. This would be annoying as hell, if ingame sound would keep increase and decrease all the time when being in TS or Mumble.

I added something to the tutorial. TS3 64 bit does NOT WORK with this tutorial.
Last edited by [R-CON]Spook; 2013-05-19 at 13:24..
Old 2013-05-20, 19:48   #15
Vicious302
Banned

Much more simple solution:

Set BF2 volume to 90%
Set Mumble output volume to 140%
Vicious302 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 20:40   #16
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious302 View Post
Much more simple solution:

Set BF2 volume to 90%
Set Mumble output volume to 140%
And how exactly do you get the same results that way?

Using Spooks setup, you can adapt your sound for every situation.
Your settings don't allow you to hear the enemies when there is heavy mumble-chatter.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 20:44   #17
Vicious302
Banned

I don't lead myself into situations where the mumble chatter gets heavy, I take care of my communication before I get into a situation, down to the detail. If anyone has anything to say, it is just as important to hear as a footstep and I'm sorry but I just don't understand the need. I feel that with my setup, and a change in how you operate, you can accomplish much more success than trying to change your mumble volume in a dynamic, vicious, and unforgiving environment.
Vicious302 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 21:33   #18
Spook
Supporting Member

So wait how do you get yourself NOT into situations with much chatter? You avoid any dangerous situations and just stay 300m behind the frontline? Even with very skilled and disciplined players it is impossible to keep the chatter clear all the time in a game like PR. Its just way too fast for proper coms like in RL or ArmA. There is always suddenly a squad popping up behind you and everyone starts yelling reports of contacts around you.

In a situation where your enemy is just around the corner and you need to hear the footsteps to be able to predict where he is gonna popup and save your own life by that, things like "TANK leaving main" is not an important information for you. Actually nothing else matters for you except the sounds of the guy right next to you. The information that threatens your life most (in this case the footstep-, reloading-, shooting-, hook-, nade- etc. sounds) always have the highest priority, everything else needs to be ignored in this situation. And since you only hear them clearly if your sound is high, you will need to lower the volume of the game as soon as you are close the vehicles again. otherwise you will not understand chatter anymore. How do you avoid that? It is simply impossible to lower the volume to hear chatter in vehicles and hear footsteps 20m away with the same setup. it does not work unless the footstep sounds will get increased to the same volume as a rolling tank.
Last edited by [R-CON]Spook; 2013-05-20 at 21:41..
Old 2013-05-21, 12:42   #19
Gracler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious302 View Post
I don't lead myself into situations where the mumble chatter gets heavy, I take care of my communication before I get into a situation, down to the detail. If anyone has anything to say, it is just as important to hear as a footstep and I'm sorry but I just don't understand the need.
It doesn't sound like you have played PR on a public server. id estimate 80% of what is said on mumble is either not directed to you....not important for you... or just useless chatter / cheering. So 80% will be noise that will prevent you from spotting the enemy close by.

I prefer when things that is directed to the team and not urgent is put in chat instead of mumble... at least that limits the chatter. But the reality is that people will ask on squad-chat.... can someone pick me up at...... enemy tank is going to main to repair...... sniper spotted (in the middle of nowhere important). And of course every communication to sq 8 goes on squad-leaders-channel.

How you can avoid that situation is by playing it commander style....not engaging any enemy's at close range? There is not enough recourse with just 30-32 players to leave the fighting to your team-mates, while you babysit the radio, or engage with ..bzzzzzz ....nbzzzzz bzzzzz ..... sniper in A1 kp1.....zzzbbbb. in your ear.

A simple shortcut for muting mumble is a good alternative though, this fix just seems to work better.
Last edited by Gracler; 2013-05-21 at 12:48..
Old 2013-05-21, 13:51   #20
Elirah

Well, thats why sometimes my squadmember going to hunt the enemy, because they cant hear me saying "Ignore them, head *direction away from enemy*". Brilliant....
I prefer hearing communications prior to footsteps which aren't that important at all. Maybe its important for your life in the most simplistic way, however its better to hear communications that give you more information than a simple footstep (and yes, you can hear footsteps beside communication, you just need to use local mumble)...

I hope I wont see many of my SM using this technique. Thats gonna be very frustrating...
Elirah is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
noiseproblem, solution